swing arm bushing 1974 Coleman/attex sport 5.3

Hey guys

I'm working on a 1973 (not 74) Coleman/attex sport 5.3. Have the bike totally disassembled and just about ready for paint. My only issue is with the rear swing arm bushing. I had planned to powder coat and everything else came apart fairly easily. And I have since goofed up the inner sleeve of the bushing so now it's been escalated from a "want" to a "need".

So if anybody has any tips on removing these bushings it would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips on finding a replacement bushing or making a bushing would be helpful as well!

Thanks in advance!!

incogrhino

I have a bad want for one of these bikes. My first bike as a kid.

Got any pics? May be able to swing something for the bushing. Try not to totally destroy em and they can copied.

yea tom, that looks identical to it!

are you selling that one?lol

any ideas on how to get the bushing out?

and yes, i got lots of pics, ill post later... still at work at the moment!

Thanks for replies!

incogrhino

I don't have any way to remake those bushings. But..... we may be able to make some uhmw or some delrin ones. We made bushing for the polaris rzr lift kits here at work and they were out of delrin. Black. Should hold up.:shrug:

Those look like rubber bonded bushes. Removed some for a mate the other day on a cafe racer. I used gentle heat and a piece of threaded rod with a washer just smaller than the Bush outer. While applying a little heat then I just cranked them out.

Problem is you can't reuse the bushes. We made new ones with vesconite