taco's

Do they still make or is someone still copying the tacos currently? I ran across a perfect one that looked Brand new, and appeared to be the taco 22. But the story was it was only a few yrs old.

No responses. all I know is this, I walk into a motorcycle shop. i see a real gem of a taco, perfect, the story is he bought it for his kid from tractor supply, the kid rode it twice and dident anymore. it looks like a taco 22, same frame, same sprocket cover, same stickers. but perfect, Tires and all. DID someone make Tacos after 1970,, and recently?

I went back today,,, its gone, Ill purse the owner if i looked at a 40 yr old PERFECT minibike.

So tractor supply distributed these?
Tractor supply never did, no. DBs maybe but no Tacos. There was an attempt at reviving the company but that's kinda screwed up at the moment as far as I know. I'm currently having a Frijole made and it's a reproduction of a steens Frijole, a member here is building it. PM me for more info.:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

Tractor supply never did, no. DBs maybe but no Tacos. There was an attempt at reviving the company but that's kinda screwed up at the moment as far as I know. I'm currently having a Frijole made and it's a reproduction of a steens Frijole, a member here is building it. PM me for more info.:thumbsup:
super

You are saying that the new retro-tacos that were being advertised a while back are now on hold?

Texan - Taco was sold to SUburban gas in the early 70s, Then to Alsport, then there was someone in Texas that owned the company, then Joe Rivello (Taco Joe) bought it and still owns it. They are still being built, but in limited quantities.

There have also been some people out there copying them over the years as well.