TAV 2 clone installation.

I installed a TAV on my clone

I slotted the mounting holes to fit the TAV back plate closer to the cylinder

I ground the ribs off to fit it tighter to the cylinder

The engine sits on a 3/8 thick adapter plate

Check out the photos, hopefully they help you out

Motra

You need to cut one of the bearing support ribs off of the TAV backing plate. I think I had to modify the engine oil cap too. The TAV unit mounts lower than the bottom of the engine so you might need to make modifications to the frame or raise the engine to compensate for this too. Some people redrill the mounting holes (TAV to engine) to rotate it up slightly but it still sits lower than the bottom of the engine. What bike are you putting it on?

125ccCrazy

im considering using a torque converter on my HF clone, anything i should know about the installation of one on the clones?
is this going on a stock 6.5 or a built one?? if your building the engine I'd suggest a 44 series driver and 40 series driven, the 30 series is rated up to
8hp, maybe 10 but more than that the unit probably wont handle the hp..

I started to install one on my 69 rupp tt500 which has a clone on it. There was entirerly to much frame chopping and other mods. to do,so I'll put it on my j.c.penny EL TIGRE later on.....Good luck with yours and i understand it's the best thing .
pete

The SAE 5/16 x 1” (24) bolts that came with my TAV2 of course don’t thread into the clone engine. Does anyone know what metric size and thread to use? I don't want to cause damage using the wrong size and thread! :hammer: