Tav 2 question

Has anyone tried to put the tav 2 on a stock 97cc doodle bug. Would it fit?? If it did, maybe the tav 2 and small rear gear would kick it up quite a bit without dumping a load of cash on engine mods.

you'd probably be better off swapping a 6.5 into it. if you get a 6.5 when it's on sale and a new clutch, it will cost you about the same. you'll also get way more performance. that way you also have a motor that has lots of mod potential if you want more speed.

tav

It would just seem the Tav 2 would reduce the strain on the motor until it got up to speed. By the way what is the top end on that four speed minibike

It would just seem the Tav 2 would reduce the strain on the motor until it got up to speed. By the way what is the top end on that four speed minibike
it might help a bit. the problem with the stock DB motor is that it was never designed for an adult to ride. i believe the "weight limit" on them is 150lbs. i haven't read about one person that did a 6.5 swap that wasn't totally satisfied with it in the end. unless you have a kid that also rides it, you'd probably be happiest overall with the swap.

as for my friend's DB...

this weekend he got it up to 45mph (gps) and that was just hitting 4th gear. we need to find a longer stretch to top it out on. the only problem is there aren't many around here where there aren't lots of cars or cops.