TAV-30 Max speed limit?

I can't clearly see where the "lobes" on the driven are, but I think that it is properly assembled. It will be much better now.
Huh ??? I think you got my pic and his backwards. This one is correctly wound. Its on my dragbike and works great. If you look at his on the other hand the nubs are on the wrong side of the radius. With the reverse yellow spring you should have wound it counter clockwise to the pulley.

Huh ??? I think you got my pic and his backwards. This one is correctly wound. Its on my dragbike and works great. If you look at his on the other hand the nubs are on the wrong side of the radius. With the reverse yellow spring you should have wound it counter clockwise to the pulley.
My bad.

I've run my torque converter at 8,000 rpm's with no issues on my drag bike. Running 125'. It takes some trial and error to get where you want to be. I think something that happens on these topics is members WANT the answer. Sometimes it will take patience and changing a lot of set ups to arrive at your final ratio.

I've run my torque converter at 8,000 rpm's with no issues on my drag bike. Running 125'. It takes some trial and error to get where you want to be. I think something that happens on these topics is members WANT the answer. Sometimes it will take patience and changing a lot of set ups to arrive at your final ratio.
What kind of set up do you have on your TAV? I have the stock read spring in my torque converter and just purchased a yellow Spring to change that out to see what I can get out of it. I've gotten my minibike up to 43 miles an hour but I still want more speed I had a 10 tooth Front sprocket and a 60 tooth rear sprocket. I just changed my rear sprocket to 48 tooth but haven't had a chance to do a speed test yet.

What kind of set up do you have on your TAV? I have the stock read spring in my torque converter and just purchased a yellow Spring to change that out to see what I can get out of it.
At this point I am convinced we need a bigger driver, driven, and longer belt with it to go faster. Just like a snowmobile has.

So I ran mine at the track last weekend. Did great and turned a bunch of heads. Then I cranked the timing up and turned the power up the next morning and it messed up the belt. Found out the engine has been crooked in the chassis the whole time and it was chain binding under load.

Ran it 4 times all within .20 every pass.

2.26 60' time
10.40 1/8 mile
With stock flywheel and no timing so rpms stopped at 5750 everytime. Turned up timing and it went to 7000 and blew the belt up after unloading the rear tire ! So that was a rush. Haha

It's always in the setup so stuck with it you will get it.

So I ran mine at the track last weekend. Did great and turned a bunch of heads. Then I cranked the timing up and turned the power up the next morning and it messed up the belt. Found out the engine has been crooked in the chassis the whole time and it was chain binding under load.

Ran it 4 times all within .20 every pass.

2.26 60' time
10.40 1/8 mile
With stock flywheel and no timing so rpms stopped at 5750 everytime. Turned up timing and it went to 7000 and blew the belt up after unloading the rear tire ! So that was a rush. Haha

It's always in the setup so stuck with it you will get it.
Dude you have to post a vid!!! I would like to get to at least 50MPH on my bike. But I've topped out at 43. Still haven't had a chance to do another speed trial cause of rain here, but I changed the rear to 48 tooth and got a Yellow driven spring that will be here tmrw. I want to try with the 10-48 set up before I change out the springs

Didn't or have not found anybody that got video. But I got some night testing tho. I just haven't made another youtube video to post them yet.

That was a 14 front sprocket with a 40 rear and a yellow spring with a 11" tire.

Pic launch FB_IMG_1474415246021.jpg

Last edited:
At this point I am convinced we need a bigger driver, driven, and longer belt with it to go faster. Just like a snowmobile has.
No. Overall gear ratio, drag, HP & RPM are determining top speed.
Juggling drive/driven sizes is just changing the overall gearing.
Sharpie lines on the sheaves to confirm full travel.
Video of the clutch in action should tell a lot.

It had a 44c Magnum driver that was set at 2900rpm but it locked it up after this pass. It was so bad I couldn't even get it apart to fix it.

So leading cause of destroying drivers........... Don't exceed the max RPM !

I was at 5750 RPM every pass at the end. Then I turned it up the next morning and it didn't like 7000+rpm. Lol so we're going with a full manual 3d engineering clutch this time.