tec questions

You have to look into all that.. You should get a schematic to the motor.. To charge a battery you need a voltage regulator or a rectifier of some sorts.. You gotta have a way, for juice to flow out of the motor, to a one way voltage feeler thing, to the battery..

The battery dips below a certain voltage, the motor charges it.. When the motor is shut off... voltage from the battery goes to the rectifier, and STOPS dead in it's tracks, as it only allows juice to flow one way..

It doesn't burn stuff up, and run your battery dead when the engine isn't running..

if you're getting two different voltage readings, and it's wavy, try spinning the rpms up on the motor some.. The faster they spin the more power they make.. It's probably just a standard lighting coil, one line has two coils inline making twice the voltage, one coil is separate running one wire with only half the power..

Green is pretty well always the engine kill.. ground that to the motor or frame and it shorts out the ignition coil and shuts the motor off..

You have to look into all that.. You should get a schematic to the motor.. To charge a battery you need a voltage regulator or a rectifier of some sorts.. You gotta have a way, for juice to flow out of the motor, to a one way voltage feeler thing, to the battery..

The battery dips below a certain voltage, the motor charges it.. When the motor is shut off... voltage from the battery goes to the rectifier, and STOPS dead in it's tracks, as it only allows juice to flow one way..

It doesn't burn stuff up, and run your battery dead when the engine isn't running..

if you're getting two different voltage readings, and it's wavy, try spinning the rpms up on the motor some.. The faster they spin the more power they make.. It's probably just a standard lighting coil, one line has two coils inline making twice the voltage, one coil is separate running one wire with only half the power..

Green is pretty well always the engine kill.. ground that to the motor or frame and it shorts out the ignition coil and shuts the motor off..
So the yellow wire thats only putting out 3 volts is just for a battery? Then the 5v red is for lights? I have a parts blow up but not a wiring schematic. Ill find that now. Thanks for all of the help so far.

Usually the coils with two wires, one is headlight, and the other is tail light.. Like 6 volt to the headlight, 3 to the tail light..

what does your wire plug look like?

delray

if you just want to run lights only and no battery setup? make sure you use only standard Conventional bulbs and not leds. standard bulbs can absorb the ac current.......

if i am correct the wires are putting out ac current,so if you have your tester set on dc it will show low current.

this diagram may help you little

That's very possible. U put it on the volt setting I always use but I thought it was ac. Ill have to check it as dc. I found a typical wire diagram on gokartsrus and its saying 5v is ac and 3v is dc.

I was hoping to go LED spotlights so it will be bright. Ill settle for anything that looks nice and isn't expensive at this point haha.

That's very possible. U put it on the volt setting I always use but I thought it was ac. Ill have to check it as dc. I found a typical wire diagram on gokartsrus and its saying 5v is ac and 3v is dc.

I was hoping to go LED spotlights so it will be bright. Ill settle for anything that looks nice and isn't expensive at this point haha.
i have a ohh60 as well power sport 6hp with those cables you are talking about and a starter, I don't know much about the cables or the starter but if you need pics I can take some and post the for you. (Tecumseh Gang):laugh:

i'm curious if the picture of the motor housing says power start doesn't that mean it is electric start? Someone mentioned no ring gear but I did not see that in any of the pictures.

i'm curious if the picture of the motor housing says power start doesn't that mean it is electric start? Someone mentioned no ring gear but I did not see that in any of the pictures.
yes my starter is a electric start you use a 12volt and it runs, its a yellow Tecumseh 6hp power sport ill take pics and post give me a minute

Power Sport is just Tecumsehs "car" motor.. Engine "Used In" the power sports arena.. I/E gokart minibike airplane motors are "powersport" motors..

Briggs and stratton is "Funpower"