Tecumseh 6 horse lighted system???

I'm pretty sure it's the aluminum flywheel, and it's a three post plug, but it's in a vertical shaft engine. :glare: I know I've had the same flywheel, and the depth it rides on the crankshaft is different, along wih :shrug:

I never did make anything with it, and it got listed as a lot of related items type of YOU FIGURE it out mess... Local pickup only in Michigan, then Randy and Wayne bough it in Pennsylvania.. :laugh: So I who knows whatever became of the stuff..

But now I have the same (ish) Tecumseh V60 from a John Deere.. I am gonna rip into it and see what all I have and can use for sure. I also have an iron flywheel with alternator style from an HH60 Troybilt motor, and a regular minibike style system I robbed from a junkyard motor (i believe :laugh: )

that all is gonna get the trial run and see what happens.. :mellow:

Anyone else ever tried using a lighted V60 flywheel and or coils in a H motor? Any tips, suggestions on that one? :shrug:

Well, it turns out most of the coils all are about the same. The first vertical shaft engine had a completely different coil. The whole casting is different and all.. That is the only one like that I have seen (thank God)

Otherwise, I have....

one, born to a minibike H60 three wire lighting coil.. Came with no flywheel..

One complete HH60 two wire alternator with rectifier panel and cast iron flywheel system (magnets loose and missing :glare: )

One H60 single wire with inline glass fuse, and matched cast iron flywheel (large taper)

the John Deere V60 vertical shaft motor with aluminum flywheel and single wire coil

one complete V100 ten horse vert system with plug in voltage regulator, and second coil and regulator

one coil with alternator panel from an HM80

and bottom right corner is the completely weird one of a weirdo coil

So, I decided to put the crank back into this Tecumseh HH60 so I had a crankshaft to spin the stuff with.. Then bolted it to a Briggs :laugh:

First I tried the 3 wire minibike aproved parts, under the aluminum flywheel from the John Deere vert motor...

That worked fine... I then went through the rest of the pile and tried everything that looks like it should work...

Sadly, the lighting coil in the John Deere, was the correct single wire system,that was in my original Monkey Wards bike that Cheezy got, but the wires have been melted.. :doah: BUT!! The flywheel and coils are the identical parts to a lighted H50 minibike engine.. :shrug:

Otherwise everything that looked asif it should work, DID, under the vertical shaft flywheel, and bolted to a HH60 block. This one is a shot of a 10 horse with voltage regulator running a dome light bulb from a 73 Dart Swinger.. :laugh:

way to go restore :bowdown: a cross-reference list of tec parts .
so how much difference is there from a h50 and a hs50 ? the hs 40 and 50 seem to share alot of the same parts .

The coil packs are all about the same diameter and timing setup.. So it should run and work with any flywheel that will fit your engine..

Flywheels are a different deal.. Like, I'd say if you wanted to "Road Warrior" one together, you could possibly use a larger H flywheel, onto an HS40 crank and block..

But you'd never get a shroud around it.. :shrug:

Coil is a coil is a coil.. For the most part though..

Me too...

Buddy, you are nuttier than a squirrel turd, but I sure do enjoy your posts! :thumbsup:
I have to agree - I'm a lot like him too. I had to test my motor and well pulling the starter rope is just too much to keep your sanity while trying to see if the coil works or the charging system is humping or not so I rigged a 110 volt electric motor mounted on a work bench and run a belt to the my engine that was bolted to the work bench also. I used a large pulley off of a furnace squirrel cage - (this is where the squirrel turd comes from)

And put that furnace pulley on the crankshaft and flipped the switch on the electric motor and the way it went spinning the motor at the right speed to check things out while experimenting on weird stuff like this...

Nice work though it will be interesting on how this turns out

Threw a Rod