Tecumseh exhaust flange

ANYONE KNOW IF i CAN BUY JUST THE FLANGE FOR A FLATHEAD TEC MOTOR. I WANT TO MAKE A CUSTOM EXHAUST. I HAVE FOUND PEOPLE SELLING STRIAGHT PIPES WELDED TO THE FLANGE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOCATE JUST THE FLANGE PART.

THANKS

They're not hard to make. Have a local race shop, muffler shop, etc., take measurements and cut one out for ya. Otherwise, check with Robertson torque tubes. Good luck. Scott.

delray

if you really want to be cheap, you could just make a header flange out of a oversize washer and use the exhaust gasket for a bolt pattern.
type of washer i am talking about, is a thick(1/8) oversize washer you can find anywhere.

delray

work out real good on couple of my projects:thumbsup:

pictures always help:smile:

post some pictures of your project when done..........:punk:

Not to jack my own thread, But... What are you using for pipe? & How'd you get that crazy "s" bend?
Perhaps we can touch on more brilliance..
(looks almost like a sink trap)

delray

use a Mandrel Bender to get that type of bends. also built the muffler inside the tail pipe to give it a cool vintage minibike sound. there is alot of different ways you can build a good exhaust system by just using scrap pipe with prebends in them and just fabing it together with a welder:smile:...:weld:

I made the exhaust for my Cheetah out of 1 inch conduit that had a nice 'S' bend already. I bought it from Habitat Restore.......8 feet for a measly 2 bucks. It sounds surprisingly good, but I doubt it'll last very long.