Tecumseh gas tank

I am looking for a HS Tecumseh gas tank and blower housing. It is mounted right on the fly wheel blower housing. Any help would be appreciated. / 440-552-4927 Paul

Last edited:
Man I got a whole bunch of Tecumseh tanks and have parted out a bunch of HS50's. I don't recall a HS with the tank on the front. I have an H that goes on the front. Is there any way you could get a pic of what you need?

Almost all the Tecumseh HS engine had the tank on the front of the engine,and the fuel line ran behind the flywheel cover to the carb.The tank bracket can also be moved around on the engine.
Here's one of mine.

It is for a mid 60's Rupp Kart. There is no room in front of the engine, between the back of the seat pan for a tank. I also want to keep it as original as possible and that is what came on it.

Thats a Clinton metal gas tank, Tecumseh made metal ones, Heres a picture of the metal tank for older Tecumseh engines, It was one on the Rupp before I restored it.

I think they changed them sometime in the 70's. Some of the pictures from minibike manufactures showed them in there adds with metal tanks in the Early 70's

Yeah I believe you are right about the plastic tanks in the 60's but i HAVE seen some pretty old motors with plastic tanks. I have one steel one like on the last bike posted, probably 3 or more of the black plastic ones and probably as many white ones.

I thought someone out there in minibike world would have a engine or gas tank. I am willing to buy a complete engine with the side mounted gas tank if necessary. Cash waiting....

george3

I tried to get a tank and bracket for a tecumseh h60 but no one seems to know the rite one or have one. the bracket that I want looks like the h35 but sticks out further and a different bolt patteren. dont want the super large tank, want the standard h35 type tank.

richs

no I think he wants the one that is on the shroud but the shroud has the indent like on the old rupp choppers I know I have a few but Im not sure were there at

I believe this is what you want.

Unfortunately the engine it came off of is currently mounted on a project bike I have been working on. It is like brand new with the original spark plug with the aqua paint overspray on it.

I don't need the tank. PM me.

Tom