Tecumseh govenor

HI.
AS USUAL ALL THE GOVENOR SPRINGS ARE MISSING OM MY SMALL TECUMSAH ENGINE.
ANYBODY HAVE A PICTURE OR CAN TELL ME WHERE THE LINKS OR SPRINGS NEED TO GO?
NEED TO HOOK UP THE CARB TO THE GOVENOR TO THE END OF THE THROTTLE CABLE(THATS STILL THERE)
ALSO WHERE MIGHT I FIND THE ENGINE NUMBER?
LOOKS TO BE ABOUT A 3HP
CHEERS!:scooter:

jrzmac

here's a few pics that should help ya out

actually the spring in the ^^bottom^^ pic is supposed to be in the 4th. hole down, like the top pic is! but, every bike is different and that may be the only way his works. you gotta mess around and find out what works best for your bike. but I would start with the way the pics are and go from there. also, if you need the spring or the linkage, I have links to find them...

here's a few pics that should help ya out

actually the spring in the ^^bottom^^ pic is supposed to be in the 4th. Hole down, like the top pic is! But, every bike is different and that may be the only way his works. You gotta mess around and find out what works best for your bike. But i would start with the way the pics are and go from there. Also, if you need the spring or the linkage, i have links to find them...
yep i need the spring and links!
Be great if you can help

I salvage parts [ screws springs washers linkages etc.] all the time every thing from
vacume cleaners to kids toys you never know what you might find that is usefull.
Rob.

slight problem in that they want $81 postage to the uk!
think i need to mail them!!
81$$$ ddddddd dam ouch . um if you want i could check what shipping would be from here and let you know . pm me you address info
i could get the size of the linkage if you want to bend up one yourself too , the spring your going to have to figure out on your own tho . mines kinda mangled

Has anyone ever heard of some of these tecumsehs not having a governor on them? the usual spot under the carb has no hole or signs of having a governor? I heard it could be something to do with the magneto but am unsure.

Has anyone ever heard of some of these tecumsehs not having a governor on them? the usual spot under the carb has no hole or signs of having a governor? I heard it could be something to do with the magneto but am unsure.
hi can you post some pictures of it??

as for the linkage rod to the carb for these Tecumseh motors
i make my own out of old throttle cable's on junk push mowers
just cut the old cable at each end & pull out the inner & you will have enough stock too make a bunch of them..

Last edited:
The 3hp has 2 different carbs. does yours have a diaphram or the belll on the bottom?
Yes please shome som pictures.
Also google Sears parts and type in your engine number. I can help some. But difficult to put together.

Also hang on to this:
http://www.allotment.org.uk/assets/rotovator/Tecumseh-Engine-Manual.pdf

hi can you post some pictures of it??

as for the linkage rod to the carb for these Tecumseh motors
i make my own out of old throttle cable's on junk push mowers
just cut the old cable at each end & pull out the inner & you will have enough stock too make a bunch of them..

hey sorry for the long wait here is some pictures I took of where I seen the governors usually going. It is a 8hp sport model with a walbro lme carb on it. The carb is located in a different position than a stock tecumseh carb. I was told that the linkage from the throttle cable to the carb is how it is limited. but I do not know for sure. i got a image of the throttle linkage that was on it (the second diagram (3 piece) in the scanned picture.

Last edited:

Motra

The governor arm should be on the top of the engine side case. It pivots on the side case and extends back horizontally. It doesn't go vertical up the back of the block like the smaller Tecumseh's.

Last edited:
Yeah I see what you mean looking at the diagram I got. would it be different since the carb is lower that the stock carb? I was hoping I could find someone to buy the assembly from.