Tecumseh H30 20 degree intake manifold

:detective: Need help in finding or compensating for the 20 degree engine mount on a 72 Speedway Shrike I'm restoring with my oldest son. I've been getting pieces from everywhere to make this happen for us. Huge Shout out to "Fat Boy" who has hooked me up with an intact frame:thumbsup: That was "Way Cool" man! Mine had been chopped and turns out broken too... The vintage Tec H30 I bought runs on the ground but know it's going to choke when we angle it. Also know, OE near impossible to find. I didn't see any recent threads that could really help me find a homegrown :cowboy: manufactured intake part or ideas on how to make a compensation wedge for the carb. One thread showed a wedge made for a Rupp which sounded good, but I ain't got the tools for too much metal work. Another said OldMiniBikes member "Yellowhand" was making some kind of intake part, but the pictures where removed, so not sure if this was a good lead or not? Any help with offers or ideas is extremely welcome:smile: "Sorry the message is so long..."

These are the factory drop slant intakes for the HS series Tecumseh engines.The intake you need is the one on the left, (H30-H35), the middle one is for a HS40, and the one on the right is for a HS50. I'm sorry none of these are for sale but they do pop up on ebay from time to time.

There is a member here that was making a wedge type spacer out of aluminum, I think his name is Hamlin58 or something like that. Yellowhand is no longer with us, he passed last year.
Hope this helps and good luck on your search:thumbsup:

I have the intake you need.. BUT it's broken and needs welded.... :laugh:

If the carburetor is healthy, it will run on the 20 degree angle and never cause a minutes problem.. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear of the passing of Yellowhand, I'm sure he's greatly missed here.

:drool: Yep that's what I'm looking for. Although it's a big tease to see it, from seeing the photo I won't buy one of the others by mistake... I'll follow up on the lead you gave me and if one should just fall from the sky into someone's lap, PLEASE let me know:bowdown:

:smile:Looks like one just fell out of the sky and broke when it landed:doah:. "The Restore Kid", can you put up a picture of the broken intake you have and what offer you might be looking at for it. I'm sure I could get someone to weld it back into shape. Also it's good to hear it might run fine on the slant, but may not be sure if it starts gagging whether this is the cause or something else. The vintage engine and carb I have look original and not worked on, see pic. It runs, but know Idea how well till it's on a bike. This is all new to me:shrug: Thanks and let me know if you can!

It doesn't effect the way they run.. If it runs perfect on the table, it should run identical on the bike..

If the float level is set too deep, or the bowl gasket leaks, it will leak gas.. but as long as the float level is set rite, and the rubber O-ring bowl gasket is sealing off.. it will not cause any problems..

I will dig out the intake I have..It was a junkyard engine, someone bolted it to a briggs.. rusted away for 40 years after that... I found it in a dumpster full of motors.. It had landed on the carb and broke the intake down at the port.. Both halves were still there bolted on, but it's broken in two pieces at the bottom between the bolts..

Wow! A dumpster diving deal:rockon:, no shame in that. I work for NOAA and know some of ship engineers that can do just about anything, "especially when the boat's out at sea". I'm willing to take a chance on what you've got and see if I can get it :weld: together. A bird in the hand is...
Let me know when you can get around to it. Thanks.

OH hell both pieces are pretty solid and jigsaw puzzle together pretty great.. I am sure someone who can heliarc and has done it, knows how, would have no problem goobering it back together..

Not a dumpster dumpster.. a dumpster full of a specific type of material at the scrapyard.. Aluminum engines are (aluminum breakage)

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/31500-show-your-scrapyard-finds.html

I go there ALL the time.. it's where %97 of this crap comes from.. :laugh:

:smile:10-4 on that! I'll have to find somewhere similar around Williamsburg, VA! I've got 5 boys, oldest is 10, so buying these vintage parts will :death: me! I'll send you a PM with my info and please let me know from there. Thanks a million$!

:cool:Thanks "Restore Kid", I appreciate you trying to hunt it down. I hope you can dredge up the the remaining pieces on this :nuke:'d part. Do what you can but don't drive yourself too batty. You know somewhere somebody is sitting on a case of HTF parts like this and has no idea what they are:001_huh:

it (exists) it is just very small and :shrug: Thought FOR SURE it was in with the crate of carbs where the rest of it was... Last I knew both pieces were in the same crate..

It's around somewhere..