Tecumseh H70 Billet connecting Rods!

george3

Let's set the record straight....the original pics of the broken rod were mine and were plagiarized. The broken rod was in a NOS H70 that had been turned up. The failure occurred due to lack of oil when running 5000rpm and above....that is why any engine I own capable of 5000+ rpm get synthetic oil. I have yet to have a failure once using synthetic. That broken rod actually broke at 6800rpm and if you had noticed it was blue due to heat/lack of lubrication due to using standard 30wt oil.
It will not matter what your material your rod is made from if it is not oiling at the crank or wrist pin it will fail!
got that rite. what synthetic oil are you running?

What it comes down to is the rod broke. These engines were not intended to go the RPM’s that we are spinning them, especially without a governor.

As for the pictures, they were a representation of what could happen. I have seen many snow blowers, and minibike motors with holes in the from of the block from broken rods, I guess they were also running 10,000 Rpm without Synthetic oil.
If you want to call it worrying about picture plagiarism, almost every post on this site use a borrowed picture to show a representation of a bike or part, and I know some are borrowed from your website...

As I recall, you were at one time going to make a big block rod
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/tecumseh-engines/1611-tecumseh-h50-billet-rods.html

In, the scheme of things is it really that important to down play the importance of a billet rod and worry about representation picture plagiarism on a minibike forum. I am here trying to help the hobby, I put a lot of time and money in the building of my engines, a billet rod for me is cheap insurance!