Tecumseh Motorsports 10hp Star Engine

This is a complete Tecumseh Motorsports Star Engine. The star engine was based off the hm100 with alot of performance upgrades such as billet rod, cam, springs, valves. These engines are almost 22ci and have a ton of torque. This engine puts out 16hp on gas and 18hp on alky. This engine has been well taken care of and runs great! It is complete minus pullstart. I have a starter i used but it can be pullstarted. Has same mounting pattern as 5hp briggs or tecumseh and probably many others. It is also about the same height as those engines. $500 with your choice of gas or alky carb.

Last edited:
It was on my race kart and has 8 winter races on it. On very small tight indoor track. Never turned it over 6,000 rpm. selling because I built a new one thats putting out just under 30hp. I was going to put this on my old arco but sometimes I let me niece and nephew ride it and that would be way to much power. They have enough power with the modified 5hp briggs on it now. :laugh:

still have 2 10hp tecumseh star engines available.

complete stock star engine with haddock hl348 carb and pipe. runs good but could use rings and valves done. $500 plus shipping

complete stock star with ec stage 3 hl360 carb and pipe. brand new. just rebuilt and blueprinted. $800 plus shipping

also have alot of tecumseh star performance parts that fit the 10hp stars or 8hp tecumseh engines. billet head, cams, intakes, cranks, carbs

I know most of you may not want these alky tillotson carbs. you may already have one of your own or want to run a gas mikuni so I will give you the option to buy without carb.
Motor #1 without carb $400 plus shipping - with carb $500 plus shipping
Motor #2 (18hp) without carb $650 plus shipping - with carb $800 plus shipping

paypal preffered. you can estimate shipping from 83686

does not have a billet flywheel. i do know where a couple new and used billet flywheels are so I could probably get you one for whatever it costs me.

these egines here are good to 6,000 rpm with steel flywheel.

both engines available again. sale on engine #1 fell thru.

engine #1 $450 plus shipping with carb ($350 no carb)
engine #2 $700 plus shipping with carb ($550 no carb)

Hi Outlaw17, do you still have parts available for the Tecumseh Star / HM100 series engines? interested in a billet head and intake if still available

does not have a billet flywheel. i do know where a couple new and used billet flywheels are so I could probably get you one for whatever it costs me.

these egines here are good to 6,000 rpm with steel flywheel.
a 6,000 rpm 10 horse tecumseh flatty would pull a Ford Ranger.. :laugh:

dont have those particular parts anymore. i do have a completely rebuilt ready to go 30 hp tecumseh star motor for sale though
more info please, price? specs? willing to ship? what is the base model number, so i can make sure it fits in a bonanza frame, my daughter needs a motor...

engine #1

Re the 10 hp engine #1..
Is there a throttle bracket for a Bonanza Minibike twist grip type??
I mean if you still have the motor after 1 yr ( I see that this a antique post)