Tecumseh star billet rods

markus

going through ebay the other day I stumbled on an NOS Tec rod that appears to be billet, nothing but a part number on it and no description so I start searching the number. Best I can tell its for a Star engine based of the 10hp :shrug:

part number 36972k

View attachment 66606

I bought one of them anyway, @$10 + $2 and change for shipping because I thought it would look neat in my display cabinet :thumbsup: but the rest that were listed for $10 were snatched up very fast as well as some other for $20 and I already see them being "flipped" with listing headers to make it sound like it would work for an H50 and a seller playing dumb.

can anyone verify the fitment? if this does fit an H50, thats great :thumbsup: I highly doubt it though!

I have a Billet rod from Mike Clements (star rod), it looks a little different than yours takes bearing inserts and does not have a part number.

markus

There are more up under PN 36974K...

I got one. Will measure it once it gets here.
I saw those this am, the part numbers seem to associate with an SBH-9993 for the 72 and SHB-9992 for the 74 I dunno that the heck either of those are. Parts explosions look like the bigger engines with intake on left/exhaust on right.

mines on the way as well or I would measure it out.

125ccCrazy

will fit an h70 but the dipper has to be trimmed down or weld up the bump in the bottom of the block and machine it out for the dipper to clear

The part # 36972k has a smaller crank bore and I think it will fit a H50 and the rod part # 36974k has a larger crank bore size and I think it fits the larger H70 and H80 cranks.

Last edited:
The part # 36972k has a smaller crank bore and I think it will fit a H50 and the rod part # 36974k has a larger crank bore size and I think it fits the larger H70 and H80 cranks.
Will the 36972k replace the stock rod in my 1968 H5? The stock rod is part #31295c. would be nice to upgrade next rebuild