Tecumseh star billet rods

125ccCrazy

VKE Motorsports should have bearings 303-371-5427
yeah they may have them..I bought my star bearings from them... only thing with the h50 rod is that I'm pretty sure those engines had a 1" journal like a Briggs so someone would have to have the Motorsport crank and a solid state block to use those rods...

markus

Got my $12 and change Rod in today

Heres the measurments on the 36972K rod

My batteries are just about dead on my indicator and its flashing so hopefully there pretty accurate
center to center I am getting 4.061"
wrist pin is .62"
crank (and it is notched for bearings) 1.146"
width is .936"

I was kinda bummed, I expected the one in the pic with the just big letter Tecumseh on it (remember I just thought it would be a cool in my display cabinet, all my engines are "small frame") Its got the late model Tecumseh Motorsports insignia on it instead, but oddly enough it came in the older style box :shrug:

View attachment 66806 View attachment 66807

The seller is showing more available of these but has them priced @$30 now
Tecumseh Connecting Rod 36972K | eBay

and one of the 36974K at this time
Tecumseh Connecting Rod 36974K | eBay

They have Tec boxed Tilly's too which I guess would be for the star engines as well :shrug:

SBH-9992 is the Tecumseh Star Engine. I bought one of the 36974K Rods too.
I got this rod today and it is the same one Mike Clements sells. It did not come with the bearings but I know where to get them. This is the same rod I have in my HM80 by the way. Good rod to put in one if you plan on revving it like I do mine.

I got this rod today and it is the same one Mike Clements sells. It did not come with the bearings but I know where to get them. This is the same rod I have in my HM80 by the way. Good rod to put in one if you plan on revving it like I do mine.
Good to hear! I have two coming. Now I just need the HM engines... :laugh:

And the bearings come from.... ????

So let me get this straight, Jretro.

You have the same rods that are on the way, in the mail already to me, that you want to trade me, for the same rods?

And if you are talking to Rocco, do you want to trade him for the same rods he already has?

Last edited:

rmm727

Bad thing about getting these links posted on here is that now those rods are between $40-60. Wish I would have bought one at first. Oh well.