The clone poll

Do Clones look good in vintage bikes?

• Total voters
Do clones look good in vintage bikes?

NO, GTO isn't an "anticlonite" and I don't hate clones like some want to believe.

(I voted "in some makes models")

it depends on the frame i hate briggs and tecs. but i like the way they look especially with mods it all depends on your taste , just like westbend motors they don't look good in every frame , but they are badass motors.

i hate westbends and any 2 stroke engines! i like the briggs more that tecumsehs, but clones work better and are cheaper! I like the briggs ohv engines i am gonna use one on a bonanza, dont care if it looks good or not i am going for performance.

it depends on the frame i hate briggs and tecs. but i like the way they look especially with mods it all depends on your taste , just like westbend motors they don't look good in every frame , but they are badass motors.
To hate a Briggs or Tecumseh is like hating woman in bikini's. :eek:ut:

i hate westbends and any 2 stroke engines! i like the briggs more that tecumsehs, but clones work better and are cheaper! I like the briggs ohv engines i am gonna use one on a bonanza, dont care if it looks good or not i am going for performance.
I never paid more for a Tec or Briggs and don't care for the Briggs OHV engines with the plastic cam,, Probably the ugliest engine on the market today! :doah:

Westbends and Mc's are cool. :thumbsup:

Yes, clones are the easy way out and it shows. :thefinger:

To hate a Briggs or Tecumseh is like hating woman in bikini's. :eek:ut:
hey let's not get carried away here i just used that as a figure of speech !!!! i love bikini's especially the one on american idol lastnight !!! lol i'm not the gay mexican who want's to sell my mini's for a honda rukus clone ...:eek:ut:

tomsprops

This is a Stupid poll ! It would be like saying Do Bikini's Look good on All Women and the answer is NO !
But do you like women in Bikini's I would generally say YES !
Do I like Clones in Taco's ? That all depend's on what I'm going to be doing with that mini .
If I want to Haul Donkey -Yes !

If I want to work towards a restoration I would say No !

This is a Stupid poll ! It would be like saying Do Bikini's Look good on All Women and the answer is NO !
No,,, that would be like question #1

Please try to keep up. :thefinger:

BTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY EYE'S!!!!!!!

I'll make sure to send you a pic of my Mint Fox Campus springer with my hot rod Lifan in it........ :)

Talk about a Movin somebitch!!
I'd like to see that Deez...how about putting a Hooters babe on it when you take the picture...sort of like taking orange juice with cod liver oil...makes it go down easier...Ogy

I do not like the look of the clone motors. Why do the have to lay the piston to the back of those engine. I,m a Rupp fan! I like the 1970 and up bikes and the clones look goofy on them. I know they make good power and theres a lot of hop-up parts for them out there. I have HF 6.5 clone thats been in its box for over a year because I don,t like the way it fits in most my bikes. I have been throwing around the Idea of trying a Honda gc160 on a rupp and route the exhuast around and out the left side of bike under the seat like the original exhaust. Thats about the only new style engine that at least likes more like the flat heads other than they exited the exhaust out the front of the engine. All frames designed back in the day were for flat head engines. I hope that someone will buy Tecumseh tooling and reproduce some HS50 and HS40 again. Maybe over in China thats were everthing else comes from anymore.

Clones are styled all wrong for minibikes

In my humble opinion,the cylinder should be up front and slanted forward. Then remove the gastank and locate it on the frame. The darn things look backwards on a bike! Besides,Flatheads are my passion.Big Tekes and Briggs.And anyone who says they hate Tekes or Briggs obviously do not know how to properly work on an engine. It is just that simple.Learn carburetion and ignition systems and then let me hear ya bitch. How many bikes I see in pics do not even have air filters on them! sacriledge!All that dirt being ingested into the engine.:hammer: