"The find of a lifetime".Not(1)but(2)1968 Rupp TT500 One owner True survivors!!!!!!

Here are my one owners(Husband and Wife).(2) 1968 Rupp TT500 True survivors!!!! I found these bikes a few months ago, and I just squeezed in a little time here and there to give them a good cleaning in between the rest of my builds. Both bikes run strong and they ride like Cadillac's, both Rupps have working head lights, tail lights and brake lights. The bikes are Street legal survivors with original Black California license plates and (2) California original registrations and titles. image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

Last edited:
Very nice bikes indeed! You state that the bikes are "street legal". The tags on the license plate look like 1970 and 1971. If they have not been
registered since then you may have a REAL challenge getting them licensed again for street use- just a head's up.
Michael

markus

They came out looking great :thumbsup: what did you do with the Spark arrestors? I thought that was a neat vintage add-on that pair had. For good reason, they must have made a pretty big deal about that on your side of the country back in those days.

Hey Michael aka creia thanks for being concerned about the registration. Yes the tags on the bikes say 1970 and 1971. I have been restoring vintage cars and motorcycles since age 16 and one of my good friends from high school owns a registration business he registers this kind of stuff for me all the time. I haven't had to go to the department of motor vehicle for years, also I don't want to register them because I don't want to take it out of the original owners name, if I do that then they will not be considered as a one own bikes. But thanks again for your concern.

Thanks guys! for appreciating the "unrestored stuff" just as well as the "restored stuff", when I was a kid a wise old man told me, there only original once!. Thanks Marcus, I still have the spark arrestor's that went on both bikes, maybe I will install them back on the bikes if I ever plan to ride it them in the mountains are the Forest at the campgrounds. I would definitely need to add them back to the minibikes, and yes you are right, it was a big deal back in those days out here and it still is now, when riding your motorcycles, ATVs, quads are minibikes in the forest or mountains with out spark arrestor's. There's big fines $$$ for that stuff and many fires have started from not having spark arrestor's over the years claims The forestry commission.

Yep! These are the (2) minibikes from eBay, after a good cleaning Like night and day right!. I bought these because I like Rupps and saw the potential the minibikes had. The guy who was selling them took bad pictures and the bikes just appeared to look like they hadn't been cleaned in years when I pick them up.

Last edited:
You have good minibike taste between those and the Bonanza you have on your signature.:thumbsup:

One of your front springs is mounted upside down, but those bikes are beautiful. I wish I had been closer. That is my favorite color. Glad they went to a good home!

markus

Thanks guys! for appreciating the "unrestored stuff" just as well as the "restored stuff", when I was a kid a wise old man told me, there only original once!. Thanks Marcus, I still have the spark arrestor's that went on both bikes, maybe I will install them back on the bikes if I ever plan to ride it them in the mountains are the Forest at the campgrounds. I would definitely need to add them back to the minibikes, and yes you are right, it was a big deal back in those days out here and it still is now, when riding your motorcycles, ATVs, quads are minibikes in the forest or mountains with out spark arrestor's. There's big fines $$$ for that stuff and many fires have started from not having spark arrestor's over the years claims The forestry commission.
Its really cool that they were setup to be true/legal riders and still survived remarkably better than most! Definitely a lucky and smart purchase on those :thumbsup: