The fun begins

OK well I introduced myself last week and had a couple of pics but not good. So I picked up my new Bonanza, thanks to the guys here for id'ing it. Well I need some help with the engine and such. I apparently have a 6.0 hp B and S. So I have read a little bit but what is the best oil for this? Also it says Briggs and Stratton but yet it Tecumsen on it as well. So whats the deal. How about spark plugs?

So when I got it the guy tells me his kid wrecked it and the throttle linkage is busted. Which it is, see pic so how is it suppose to look? It does work but sure isnt smooth. Also there is praticall no brakes. How do I adjust them? Do I pull the cable through and re-tighten to my feel? I will get full pics but for now its in the abck of my truck and didnt want to pull it out since I should be working.

Also, it has the Bonanaza badge in the front still so thats cool. Not sure if that adds value but I thought it was cool. I paid 175 for it so not sure if I got ripped or not.

Whatr else, how do I look up the schematics for this engine. Where are the numbers on the engine where i can look up. Id like to do a rebuild but for now Im driving the crap out of it (after brake fix). There is a leak behind the clutch as well so I need to fix that as well but not sure how.

OK basically I will be writing some questions for the next few days so if some are pretty novice and dumb then its proabbly cuase Im a novice and dumb to mini's. Well hope yall like and I cant wait to really get on this.

Yeah thats why I was confused but it seems its a Tecumseh. I guess the carb is as well with an extended intake and straight pipe. Its pretty loud.

SAE 30 weight oil? I was going to put about an oz. of mystery oil as well. I run it in my FE 352 so Ill run a little here.

SO the throttle linkage. Anyone have better pics of this. There are like 3 springs and bent up crap. Not sure what this guy was going for on that. Also he welding bicycle brakes on the handle bars and ran those down. Horrible and they do not work at all. Any pics of a correct set up?

tomsprops

The B&S sticker looks to be from a lawn mower shop, probally where the engine was purchased or serviced . It a Tesc. powersport engine .

Yep, it's a Tec 6hp similar to the one I have on my Bonanza.

I'll take some pics of the throttle linkage asap and post up.

mardyn

wow...yours is clean...Mine looks to have been red at sometime. Ill also take some pics of what this guy did to the brakes. He actaully welded this half ass system on their and then wondered why his kid (5 years old) wrecked. Anyway could you take some pics of the brake system as well. I take it its a drum right?

How is it getting parts? I googled it and apparently Tec is out of business.