The Hexacopter

edwin

that thing is the baddest thing ive ever seen. looks easier to fly than a helicopter. what do you think ? that gives a whole new meaning to reconnaissance and surveillance thats for sure. where can you get them, i guess i will try the local hobby shop in the mornin.

vette66_00

Yeah this guys has been working on that copter for a few years now. Currently set up to figure its own GPS location and be able to fly to different way points pre set in a computer program. He also wrote the current software that allows it to maintain Altitude and hover on its own using on board equipment....

There is another video of it following him about in a program he called "follow me" It tracks a 2"x2" transmitter and will follow him at a preset height anywhere he goes on streets out side his house.

vette66_00

that thing is the baddest thing ive ever seen. looks easier to fly than a helicopter. what do you think ? that gives a whole new meaning to reconnaissance and surveillance thats for sure. where can you get them, i guess i will try the local hobby shop in the mornin.
100% custom Edwin. But you can buy 4 bladed copters. Ill find a link for you. BTW RC's are my other hobby.\\

here is a link for you to do some research. There is a ton of junk out there so read before you buy..

http://www.rcgroups.com/multi-rotor-helis-659/

banjo

That thing is cool, I fly a R.C helicopter so it blows my mind how stable that thing is. If i loose focus for just a short time or get a wind shift i'm trimming trees then buying some more parts... That thing looks like its not cheap.

delray

cool video GTO. just think? this guy built it and is flying it in his back yard. i kind of wonder what the miltary has been building on full scale model............

65ShelbyClone

i kind of wonder what the miltary has been building on full scale model............
It's just about always a safe bet that military technology has been around for at least 20 years before the mainstream hears about it. They have had unmanned satellite-guided vehicle capability for at least 30 years....and it wasn't exactly ultra top-secret even back then.

george3

George go find something else to do with your fingers/hands and stop bring up your best friends old posts. :lol:
I dont see posts like these anymore on this site. I just wanted others to see what they missed. There is hundreds of cool old post by alot of people not just gto. I dont know gto just on this site. :thefinger: lol