The 35 year old stock handle bars had seen better days. Instead of trying to fix them I pulled an old pair of Renthals off of a dead bike. I gave them the old wire wheel and clear coat treatment. Reworked the throttle added a set of risers, grips, kill switch, pad, and even painted an old clutch lever for the brakes.
Well, we have a week left so I better finish the engine. Im taking one of my OLD kart motors and De-Tuning it(smaller camshaft,carb).
Put a little of my fovorite wrinkle finish black on the fanshroud. We will see how it turns out.
Due to how the chain lined up with the rear sprocket, I had to slightly modify my brand new engine mounting plate. I drilled and tapped a couple of 1/4-20 holes since the 2 orignal bolt holes were out of their slots. I was able to just squeez them in there.