The "So Far" of the DB30R project...

Hey guys!
So I've been working here and there on my Doodlebug and figured I'd show some of the progress. Everything is torn down so now I'm itchin" to get to prepping the frame....

Here's how she started:

This is as of last Wednesday:

This is the color scheme so far:

I just got my MBX10 fork and risers in as well. Next thing is frame prep and installing the parts to the motor. Got handlebars, grips, street tires and other odds and ends on the way... Stay tuned.

You've got a ton of nice parts there forsure, good luck and keep posting them pics !
I'll be watching this build . :thumbsup:

Well the top plate is installed but I'm not so sure it was made for this engine. Check it out...

So as you can probably see the front mount holes don't line up but everything is snug....

I'm thinking a new top plate may be in order.

Those damn handlebars are always bent. Mine were exactly like yours. I used a conduit bender and pulled mine a little forward. Much more comfortable. I've got the same bike with almost the same engine and mods. I suggest some new tires. The stock don't seem to hold up.

On the upside I did score some new street treads and MBX10 forks. Handlebar should be in tomorrow..

After looking through a few threads I decided not to rattle can the frame. Too many issues with so I'm just going to get it and the wheels powder coated.
:cool:

Those damn handlebars are always bent. Mine were exactly like yours. I used a conduit bender and pulled mine a little forward. Much more comfortable. I've got the same bike with almost the same engine and mods. I suggest some new tires. The stock don't seem to hold up.
Absolutely correct , you solved the problem with the Motovox forks but a 3/4" EMT bender will easily allow you to bend the stock bars forward a good ways and makes a big difference , gets em outta your knees :laugh:

T-Town Mini

Well the top plate is installed but I'm not so sure it was made for this engine. Check it out...

So as you can probably see the front mount holes don't line up but everything is snug....

I'm thinking a new top plate may be in order.
You can still use it...just bend the front tab using a vise to match the angle then bolt it up.

Or, you could just feed a smaller bolt diameter through the mount and sandwich some washers in between then, tighten each side down clamping the metal to the correct angle. Once it's all lined up satisfactorily replace the bolt with the appropriate hardware to finish it off.

I suppose I could bend it. Thanks; I hadn't thought of that. I will need to drill new holes though. The bolt holes aren't lined up. I assume Billet would be fairly easy to drill through. :shrug:

BTW, Just as an update; the frame and wheels were dropped off yesterday to get powder coated. It'll be about 2 weeks before I get them back. I got my handlebar in and mounted on the forks and I must say I can't wait to complete this build. I'll post some more pics when I get a chance.

T-Town Mini

I suppose I could bend it. Thanks; I hadn't thought of that. I will need to drill new holes though. The bolt holes aren't lined up. I assume Billet would be fairly easy to drill through. :shrug:
Yeah, that aluminum is soft to drill through...a step drill works best for enlarging an existing hole if that's all it needs to align the holes up.

If you wanted to keep it all straight you can use a rubber washer as a spacer and let it squish to fill the gap. Might look better that way.

Yeah, that aluminum is soft to drill through...a step drill works best for enlarging an existing hole if that's all it needs to align the holes up.

If you wanted to keep it all straight you can use a rubber washer as a spacer and let it squish to fill the gap. Might look better that way.
Good deal. Doing that should save me from having to buy another plate... Thanks!

Well here's the front end... still got another week before the frame is finished. T-Town Mini, I'm going to try my hand at modifying the top plate so if I jack it up I'm putting your name on it....LOL just kidding....I'll try to post the progress on that as well..

T-Town Mini

Well here's the front end... still got another week before the frame is finished. T-Town Mini, I'm going to try my hand at modifying the top plate so if I jack it up I'm putting your name on it....LOL just kidding....I'll try to post the progress on that as well...
:laugh: Alright...After you mod it up people will be saying, "Hey, when did ARC start making those...I want one, too." :drool:

I like the bars, BTW :thumbsup:

Alright; it has been a good while but I have quite a few progress picks I'm about to post. Y'all know how it goes; life just has a way of happening (and most of us are probably pretty grateful for it). The bike isn't quite done yet but I've got just a few parts needed to finish. I'll be posting picks in a day or so...

Alright; it has been a good while but I have quite a few progress picks I'm about to post. Y'all know how it goes; life just has a way of happening (and most of us are probably pretty grateful for it). The bike isn't quite done yet but I've got just a few parts needed to finish. I'll be posting picks in a day or so...

Powder coated...

Starting to reassemble...

So... this is the so far. The engine isn't fully mounted yet. I still need to get a gas tank. The tank I have isn't going to work because of the size of the motor. (Wasted money on the relocation kit...argh!) I think I'm just going to go with a half gallon cylinder. I also still need to re-upholster the seat and finish all the little nic nac stuff like wiring, brakes and what not... I'm hoping to finish before the end of this summer but as with any project we'll just have to see...lol. I appreciate all the support and accolades.. Hopefully I can present a decent piece here in a little while.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2SlickNick

Looking good so far...
You might have a problem with the sprocket hitting the ground in left hand turns, I did. I went with a smaller tooth sprocket.