The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

"This picture was in my Jefferson Junior High yearbook. The year was 1971 and this is in Oklahoma City Ok. The kids were allowed to ride them to school back then. Seems crazy now. These were seventh graders, mostly 12 and 13 yr olds. These were all lined up every morning at school. I don’t know how many are pictured but I’d guess 12-15." _Dave

Oh damn.....look at all them Cats :eek:hmy:

From Jakespeed63_Orlando, Fl

"My Bro' sent me these today. Cleveland circa 1971. That was his 1966 Impala Wagon."

"As city kids, we were fortunate, to have this huge expanse of land and wooded area, behind a big discount store. Place only lasted a short time, so the parking lot was perfect for go-karts and the wooded area even better, for minibikes, dirt bikes and good old 20" pedal bikes, to spend a whole day, riding the trails. Damn, I miss the good ole days."

JT

Land Speed Racer Kevin Munk

When he was a boy, his father won a mini-bike in a gas station draw. Powered by a 2.5 horsepower Tecumseh engine, Munk spent hours on the machine. His dad fostered the interest, and dirt biking became a family affair. Although they didn’t often ride together, Munk senior would load and drive his son to the trails.

Kevin Munk is seated on the minibike (left), his dad Gordon behind him, brother Trevor Munk is on the other machine, a two-stroke Indian 70, while family friend Jeff Hayden is in the back.