The "What were they thinking!!?" Seat Thread

Personally I think we should have an ugly seat contest. Much like an ugly sweater contest.
As the elevator door at my office opened, I could see a bunch of guys from another department already inside and looking out at me. I stepped into the elevator, glanced around and then asked if they were having an ugly necktie contest that day. Turned out they were not. Awkward moment.

I think I can play this game, here is my motovox when I first bought it. Cardboard, foam, and duct tape!
IMG_3545.JPG

Of course, it's not that much better after I got my hands on it.
IMG_3595.JPG

Doc1976

I know this thread is about half assed seats (pun intended) but seriously, is this the kind of work that people do? I would be embarrassed to photograph my work if that is how it turned out. these things are horrible. do they not have access to a sewing machine? this is the first one I ever did.

joshua. c.

This is one of my previse bikes. I made the seat when I was in high school out of what I had on hand and looks didn't really matter to me. its a scrap of 2x8 with a pace of stiff high density foam on bottom and a pace of soft low density foam on top and wrapped in waterproof rubber roofing. it uses bolts pounded into the 2x8 to mount to the frame. it looks weird but is very comfortable. since this picture I've done some worked on the bike, I replaced the rear tire with one that matches the front and scrubbed all that grey paint off the front tire. it looked a lot better but I forgot to get a picture before I gave that bike to my uncle for his grand children to use.