Thinking about yanking the 80cc china engine

I recently bought a used 7-8yr old Monster Joe 80cc ATV for my son. It does not have spark. What should I check/replace? It has good compression.

Have an idea of yanking the engine and welding an engine mount plate on the frame and installing a clone GX200 with a Comet TAV2 - will it work???

usually no spark on those is either a bad connection or broken on/off switch . So yea check all the connections for corrosion and test the safety switches. Keep in mind that you need to hold the brake on when starting those because there is a usually a safety switch in the handle aswell

That's one of the better ones actually, but the CDI is the same POS they all use and I suspect may be your problem. I do not like modern motorcycles due to CDI boxes, wont own one. I drive a vehicle with a carburetor too though (84 Suburban with new goodwrench 350 and 700r4), I have no ECM vehicles since selling my work trucks with the business. One was always in the shop, my old 77 dually took whichever one was down's place. I'd do the clone/TAV and never look back. They have a simple ignition like engines should have:thumbsup: