This can't be that rare.

AHAHAHA funny thing is if there is only 20 in the usa where we suppose to find a flywheel cover? and for 900 bucks it better run and at least be i good condition. what a butt head!! This guy must be related to teeksofffroad

markus

AHAHAHA funny thing is if there is only 20 in the usa where we suppose to find a flywheel cover? and for 900 bucks it better run and at least be i good condition. what a butt head!! This guy must be related to teeksofffroad

From indiandirtbike.com >>92001014

COVER, MAGNETO SIDE

$54.12

Mag Cover (scratches from storage)

$40.00<<<<

400-500 rare-maybe, not 900 rare :smile:

indian 50cc

Saw a basket case one in Portland, OR for $75.00 (Box full of parts but complete) The guy who bought it did a sick full resto, running driving the whole bit and won the best bike at a vintage show (dont recall which one) Some of the major problems he ran into were 1. wheels and tires were a no longer produced size, says he salvaged the original tires by soaking them for a very long time in a tank of heated armor all, any broken spokes had to be custom cut and fabbed to fit. 2. Dont remember all the details on the engine but he had to get real creative finding rings, and in his own words got really lucky that it runs and the tranny all operates perfectly.
Talking to this guy he was just that type of dude to put the work in to make it happen, a little more than I would undertake. To be fair the box of junk I looked at in Portland looked worse than this, but after hearing what it took to make that go, this looks like a $1000 wall hanger to me.:doah:

Well I better throw in my two cents worth. When I was an Indian dealer in Long Beach, California we sold the Indian Junior Cross 50 all the time.
They made the MM5A Mini Mini that was real small and had 10 inch wheels and a automatic clutch. The next step up was the JC 50 A it had 12 inch wheels and the same 50 CC engine and they made a 50 CC 4 Speed Junior Cross. The one hanging in my garage in great condition is a SE 74
4-speed Moto-cross mini cycle .
This guy is selling way over his head but he will probably snag a fool as it is a big world out there full of stupid people.
Steve :scooter:

Steve,

Since you mentioned California and your name sounds slightly familiar? Did you ever go or race motorcycles / motocross at Lyons Drag Strip, Ascot Park, Indian Dunes or Bay Mare? I rememeber names and saw a lot of guy's who raced in the early days in pro class.

Kenny Roberts Rookie #80Y
Jim "Hollywood" Holley
John Bush "friend." 125cc Intermediate M/C
I raced Ascot in 1985.
BYW, also knew a female in Santa Monica named. "Terry Durham" any relation? 1974...no comment..
TT

Last edited:
Steve,

Since you mentioned California and your name sounds slightly familiar? Did you ever go or race motorcycles / motocross at Lyons Drag Strip, Ascot Park, Indian Dunes or Bay Mare? I rememeber names and saw a lot of guy's who raced in the early days in pro class.

Kenny Roberts Rookie #80Y
Jim "Hollywood" Holley
John Bush "friend." 125cc Intermediate M/C
I raced Ascot in 1985.
BYW, also knew a female in Santa Monica named. "Terry Durham" any relation? 1974...no comment..
TT

Kenny Roberts came from here in Modesto..

I went to the tracks where the kids raced Indian Dunes, Saddle Back, Escape Country and a real small oval track called Firestone Raceway. Some of the kids were into Speedway racing but I never went ( wish I had ) We raced on the big track at Corona Raceway a real top speed track for the small mini cycles. Saddle Back was the best of both racing on the big Moto Cross pro track and on the mini bike track most of the times.
As for Terry Durham no relation of mine .
Steve :scooter:

I'm not sure if this fits in with this discussion but this is for sale on CL near me

Harley Davidson/Indian mini-bike
That looks like an Indian MM5A called the Mini Mini they came with optional training wheels and were set up to go 10 to 12 MPH.
But by increasing the air flow through the restricted intake and air cleaner could do 25 MPH and watching the kids as young a 4 years old ride and race the bikes was the best. They would take it real serious once they had a race or two under their belt.
There was nothing better than to have a young kid come into my store and bring in paper route and lawn mowing money to buy his or her first mini bike. A lot of dreams were unfulfilled for so many kids who could not get supporting interest from their Mon and Dad so I guess that's why we are here to make it happen. Steve :scooter: