This followed me home....

Can't find a serial number on it. Very beat. Strap welded on below cracked frame, Galv pipe welded onto footpegs, forks w/ extra metal... Nice 5hp IC on it.

Cross between a Taco 22 and a Frijole? 5" early Taco wheels?

Found something interesting. The upper forks slide down into the lower forks....

The upper forks slide down into the lower forks during assembly.... 7/8" upper forks, 1" lowers.
Frame has 3/4" upper loop and 1" tubes everywhere else.

One other thing... The fork plate(on a Taco?) used to have something riveted to it. two rivets about 1 1/4" apart.

Taiwan clone of a Taco?

More pics. Maybe someone will know.

This is where the upper and lower forks come together. 7/8" upper, 1" lower. The extra tube was welded on somewhere in the past, forks may have seen high speed...

Interesting how the tubes were pressed before welding.

Upper tubes and how they were pressed together.

Old brake lever, no ball on the end. And look at that grip...

Front of the forks.

Above the frame without the seat.

Bike looks like it was originally orange. Any ideas? Lots of views so far.

Mac

Maybe it's one of those American Eagle ( I think it was American) minibikes like InjunTom had.:smile:

Mac

The plate welds look fine. It's those added pieces of pipe. I see a lot of that in my Swapmeet Treasures...Ha ha.

Last edited:
The question becomes: Who was copying Taco?

It doesn't match any regular bike Taco made, but does have a lot of the style cues. But those Taco rims... Could it be?

I was looking at the rear tire, and it does have more wear on the left side.... Flat tracker?

I figured Markus or Simple Tom would know this one.

I have been looking at ads and pics, and can't find another like it.

Hard to know how to build it, except it will have orange paint or powder, which is what it looks like was original.