three wheel cushman truck

im interested in a 1998 three wheel Cushman truck. any body have one? or know any thing about them? all i know is there awesome and look like fun.

Mines a 1988... No title... Was built for and operated by NYCPD.. It runs very well, but it don't stop. NO BRAKES.. There hydraulic drums just like you would find on a older car. You can get all the parts for them through Dennis Carpenter. If your interested in a "project" I have another that I would sell, but shes going to need some work! Let me know. I'm close to Harrisburg, Pa.

Randy:scooter:

i actually bid on one from nc state surplus it was used on campus for maintenance. im just wondering what they go for. and how hard they are to work on. if i get it i plan on doing it up like a truck with straight pipes and mud tires and a cb.

Thier awesome. My Dad has, I think every Cushman they made except for a Eagle. I have a 1956 Truckster in the garage now. As far as value, just do what you have to do to get it bought within reason. There easy to work on and you can get any and all parts, however the cabed trucks are a little tight to do any real engine work on, on them you can just drop everything out the bottom.

Randy

i put in a verry low bid because i assume no body in my area has much use for one and no body knows they are street legal. this one does not run but they say its only the battery.

markus

Randy, you or your dad have any spare Generators for the 1940's Cushmans?? I need one for my '47 That and a beat up 50 series trunklid as I am going to do away with my buddy seat.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I work for the City of Pasadena, and the city has been using Cushman trucks for decades. For parking enforcement, sanitation, and parks maint. Unfortunately the parts are getting real hard to get because the company has changed hands several times, and they are being phased out. We have at least half a dozen of them parked out back because the rear axles are broken, the people who load them just don't use common sence, and hence overload them to the point of failure. A 98 modle uses a 1000cc Daihatsu engine with either a automatic or manual transmission. If not for the current parts situation we would probably still be buying them! Any help with information or technical assistance, PM me.

cushman

hey there i bought a 1989 -3 wheel cushman for 125.00 about 3 years ago and i use it almost every day for my yard & lawn work . they are a lot of fun to beat around with and cheap on fuel .if you can get a good one for under $1000.00 i would go for it.:scooter:

cushman 3 wheeler

hey neck ' question 4 u. i have a 1989 -3 wheel haulster with a omc 22 hp motor . when i am out & about it runs good for a while then it starts to flood out and smoke and it dies on me .any suggestions would be appreciated .i am thinking it might be the breather or maybe to much oil in the crankcase . just guessing ?????? thanks in advance . GRANDPA RAY:scooter::scooter:

65ShelbyClone

I have a mid '60s three-wheeled Truckster with a 12hp Kohler K301 flathead and an all-iron three speed trans. My old man has a late '70s/early '80s Truckster of similar style, except is has the aluminum transmission and a hydraulic dump bed.

They are simple and quite easy to work on, but the brake and electrical systems are weak points.

1979 cushman truck 3-wheel

Hello all, first time to forum and posting. I just purchased a 1979 3-wheel cushman truck and I am wondering where a good resource would be to get or find parts? The truck runs fine, what are the chances of finding replacement doors? Thanks everyone.

-Erik

cushman truckster

hey eric i have a parts manual for trucksters and i think i got parts from cushman motor co .inc at 2909 e franklin ave in minneapolis phone number is 612-333-3487 check with them and see if they are still in business .get back to me and let me know what you find as i may need some parts soon: