Throttle Retun Spring

T-Town Mini

When using the original throttle control on a Predator or Honda clone you can add a second return spring as seen here:

(click to enlarge)

If you've loosened up the retaining nut and/or removed the friction washer and still find you need a little more help to pull the cable back, this will do the trick. Adding a second return spring also serves as a back up and provides a more positive response from the twist grip throttle control.

It only requires drilling a 1/16" hole in the assembly base and the other end can then be attached to the cable anchor as seen in the photo above.

The spring seen here is one that I got from Lowes. A similar sized spring available at any hardware store would work just as well. It's the right size and weight for a stock Predator/clone application.

This is just one way to do it. If you've found a way to add a return spring to the throttle control please describe what you did and share a photo of how you mounted it, here.

Last edited:
The throttle return spring on my Honda GX120 needed a little extra help. So I drilled a hole in the bottom inside front corner of the muffler heat shield. Ran a spring from there to an existing hole in the throttle arm. Spring was just one from the garage spring pile. :grind: :scooter:
SAM_0073.JPG
SAM_0074.JPG

SAS289

Coleman CT200 people take note of the original throttle return spring on the first picture in this thread. It is located just to the left of the throttle limiting screw. If you are still running the original engine and throttle assembly your Coleman may not have that spring. This small spring has been a standard on clones for quite a while. Add this spring to your Coleman as a backup to the throttle cable spring if you wish.

olddog

Throttle_Assembly_with_Governor.jpg

I don't have a pic, but this is what I saw on another bike, forgive the paintbrush.

Just a corner bracket from home depot and a spring, no drilling, worked great.