Tired of the Frijole hunt? Build one.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I bought enough material for 2 but man it aint easy getting it to look right. I'm not interested in doing another just yet. Sorry. I still have a lot of pieces left to put on this one.

Wow real nice.
I like the use of the jig, I'm big into slot cars and I have several jig's for when scratch building. It is a lot easier to cut piano wire and solder then to bend and weld steel tube.
I sure wish I had the resources to do that.

Since I have never seen one of these bikes in person, I spent months researching dozens of photos of both the early and the later styles of Frijole trying to get an idea of the dimensions. Didn't ever get a rock solid measure for this thing.

My first mistake was using the Azusa front end, but hey they are cheap. This made the backbone at the rear hoop too low, but it will work.

40" wheel base, 30 deg front end, 65 deg everywhere else.

There will be more pics coming soon. Right now I'm putting in the motor plate and setting things up in the rear.

Hope to have this thing ready for the Texas Minibike event.

Tubing at rear axle was pressed in a shop press.

Made my XL Frijole clone with .083 DOM steel tubing and have had no problems with it breaking like that, and I,m 250lbs. Maybe it was made with the .065 tubing is what it looks like to me.