Tires for Alsport TS-50?

45t

I recently picked up a Alsport locally that I'm trying to get back to being functional.

The tires have seen better days and they are all in bad shape. The front and one rear still hold air but the other rear tire cannot be fixed (I tried to have it fixed today and it has too many holes/cracks).

I started searching for replacements and the $ amount is crazy for replacements. The best I've found is some Carlisle's at Farm & Fleet ($49ea for 22X11X8 ATV knobby rear and $43 for 18X8.50X8 turfsaver front).

The sizes currently on it are Goodyears 21X11X8 rear & 18X8.50X8 front

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on tires or does anyone have some nice used ones availalble (I'll post in the wanted section too)?

Last edited:
If you had a store nearby that sells ATVs check with them on used tires. But the price you quoted thats pretty good for new ones. I got a set off Ebay used shipped for $80 and I thought that was real good. I shopped everywhere for them too. When I needed another set for my Scat Tracker I went with Lawn Tractor types on sale from BMI at just $20 a piece. BMI has them on sale now for like $30-35 with rims.

45t

Thanks guys. I was wondering if the sizes currently on it were the right ones or not?

Will 22X11X8 work on the back do you think. Eyeballing it it looks like there is enough clerance.

Just run them on low pressure. That is the only suspension anyway.If you over inflate them they get big. Like ballons...lol

45t

Update

Well I placed an order for the 22X11X8 Carlisle ATV knobby's from Farm & Fleet. Hopefully they will fit nicely on the rear of the Alsport.

I ordered two of them and they are being shipped to my door for $118.00. I thought that was a decent price. :shrug:

Last edited:

45t

Bought a front tire

Picked up a front tire off of Amazon for a lot cheaper than any other places I looked.

It is the size that is currently on the Alsport, but its not the factory size.

Carlisle Turf Saver Lawn & Garden tire 18X8.50X8 for $38.95 shipped

45t

It'll work fine. The TS alsports had huge front tires compared to the RTS that used 4.80/5.30x6"(I think).
I was happy to find all the tires in Carlisle's. I thought based off of the sizes I needed, that my budget would be limited to used tires or cheaper less quality brands. I'm glad I got all three new Carlisile's for $156. I thought it would cost a lot more than that.

wjustice

For the record, both my TS trikes have 18x8.50-8 front tires. I believe they are original. At least they are real old and the original tread style.

45t

It looks like both sizes will fit nicely. There seems to be more tread choices in the larger size, wonder why? I went with the smaller size just to save $. Hopefully that was the right choice.

The 21 x 11 x 8 Goodyear Compass tires are out of production and impossible to find new....I've been looking for 3 months for my muskin Tri-Cat

I just mounted the old ones up today using tubes because I was worried about the little cracks in the sidewall...

Those Carlisles with the square knob are a close match....they look good.:thumbsup:

The TS-50 seems to be the same as the other TS-series except they were 20 pounds lighter. Maybe because the body was a little different and they didnt come with front shocks like the others. :shrug:

wjustice

18x9.50-8 according to the 1972 service manual. See page 1 of this thread
Yeah I wondered about that but both TS trikes have the same old original style tires. Oh well they're plenty big enough.

45t - Are you changing them yourself? The last time I got new tires, I couldnt break the bead on the old ones. Finally took them to a shop and it took 2 guys and over an hour to do both tires. 40 years will vulcanize them pretty tightly!