to rebuild or transform a gote?

Okay, so I picked up a rough tote gote on craigslist. This will end up in the "projects" section eventually.
I haven't tried to motor (5hp briggs), The clutch is all loose and appears to be missing a cover. The jackshafts are in place, the front brake is present, but missing the actuator arm. The present rear chain seems too large for the wheel sprocket. It needs grips and cables. (I have the front brake, but not in the pics). And oh ya, it needs bearing front and back (loose, but haven't inspected yet)
Sooo... I trying to decide on donating the driven sprocket to a pack mule project, and end up transforming this to a fat-wheeled bike, or, should I get it put together and scrap the transformation?
What do you guys think?

You have a model B tote gote and it looks like it is mostly all there. The wheel bearings on these old tote gotes were a bit sloppy and that is normal. Your torque convertor has been changed to a v-plex type clutch which would really slow it down. These came with a deepco, salsbury or climbaway clutch. The driven sprocket is welded to the tire rim and wouldn't allow for much wider tire. If you don't want to fix it as a tote gote, them maybe trade it for what you want. I hate to see them cut up.

You have a model B tote gote and it looks like it is mostly all there. The wheel bearings on these old tote gotes were a bit sloppy and that is normal. Your torque convertor has been changed to a v-plex type clutch which would really slow it down. These came with a deepco, salsbury or climbaway clutch. The driven sprocket is welded to the tire rim and wouldn't allow for much wider tire. If you don't want to fix it as a tote gote, them maybe trade it for what you want. I hate to see them cut up.
Ya, I'm kinda leaning that way. I kind of want the driven pulley (speed sensitive) for my pack mule. But I'm thinking I may just get the tote gote back together and build the pack mule into my "fat tire" bike,... or maybe not:grind:

fat tire

What kind of fat tire do you want to build? You should post some pics of your pack mule. From what I can see its a very similar machine to the model B tote gote. I dont see anything wrong with modifying these bikes with non stock parts as long as its an upgrade, but if you want a fat tire bike (for sand,snow, or because they look cool) why not start with something like a Bronc?

Hi Tim, yeah, I like the bronc's, but haven't seen any for sale around here (western oregon). So...I was thinking about modifying the tote gote for use on the dunes. I actually have pics of my pack mule in the gallery. I have a complete pack mule, a project pack mule and a project tote gote model B. The pack mule is missing the driven clutch and drive clutch. The tote gote is missing the drive clutch.

Best to leave that one alone other than to get a good clutch and gearing setup to your liking, cutting it up would ruin it's historic and monetary value. It's not a dune hopper but it sure would go a long way in a trade situation and guys with those bikes generally have fat tire stuff. I do and if we were neighbors I'd trade ya a Super Bronc roller for roller.:thumbsup:

since there are Tote- goat clubs, you should restore it. I'm sure you can get replacement parts. Bearings are inexpensive,sprockets are cheap,tires last a long time.

Best to leave that one alone other than to get a good clutch and gearing setup to your liking, cutting it up would ruin it's historic and monetary value. It's not a dune hopper but it sure would go a long way in a trade situation and guys with those bikes generally have fat tire stuff. I do and if we were neighbors I'd trade ya a Super Bronc roller for roller.:thumbsup:
I hadn't thought of that possibility. Wish we were neighbors!