Today's Flea Market....Jackpot!

pomfish

Today the Mini Bike God's were smiling on me big time.

Got an Awesome Montgomery Wards XE525 that still has the original Tires, Hand grips, Seat, Brakes and 2 speed clutch for a decent price.
The motor is stuck, have not checked that out yet.
Doesn't matter if it's dead as I have 2 Tech Big Block 5HP's ready to go into it if needed.
It has a cool Metal-flake paint job which has some flaking but I will leave it as is.

Then right next to the guy I got that bike from sat another very small mini of unknown origin. Maybe someone can identify it for me.
It has a running 3HP Briggs and good clutch, no brakes.
Now you have to love this "Seat"
And I love the throttle, or should I say cruise control.
Anyway got this Puppy for $20. Yep I'm happy.

Enjoy the pics!

Last edited:

Hounddog

Hey nice score on both! I do like the comfortable wood suspension seat, and the cruise control all for $20. Should make for a exciting ride.:thumbsup:

HD

pomfish

Sorry to have to revive this thread, but I have a chance to buy the Blue bike in the original post back as a roller.

Question is, what make/model it it?
Looks early ARCO to me but not sure. Looks to be set up for disc brake on sprocket judging by the rear of the frame.
Thanks,
Keith

pomfish

Looks like an Arco Colt Keith...

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...
Colt ya say?
Cool, hard to find ads for some of the old ARCO's.
I like the long namepate forks and the way they transition into the handlebars.

I have a nice old Tec 3.5 that would look good on it or a Black Briggs 5hp that will make her get up and dance.

Need to get a disc brake caliper, will the newer generic ones work on this or are they specific?

Thanks!
Keith

The generic ones will fit the bracket. You need to clock the arm 180 degrees to face down and pull forward. You may have to massage at the mounting area and build some bushings for it to float on.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...