Tote Gote 671 barn find.

Just found this Nova 671 Tote Gote stored away in a small barn. This gear drive set up is awesome! Gonna be a fun restore.

Last edited:
The 671 was a lower geared model of the first tote gote Nova. It came with a h60 tecumseh 6hp motor. The gear box was a 10/1 ratio instead of the original 7.5/1. Looks like all your missing is a seat.

have a lot of work to do. I installed a motor that I had (I know it's a Honda) just to see this thing in action before I rebuild the original H60. Had to relocate the gas tank and attach it with zip ties while I repair the original tank. Redneck engineering at its finest! Glad I put the motor in because the clutch needs work. All brake and throttle cables going in this weekend. Then I need to find a seat. Had to machine a step washer for the clutch housing because I lost the original.
This project is next......snow plow. View attachment 58249

View attachment 58257

View attachment 58258

View attachment 58259

Last edited:
Clutch should be installed with the movable face towards the motor (as shown). The belt looks too long. The original belt was 15/16" wide and 27" length. they are hard to find but you could use a gates/goodyear 1422V270. It is only 7/8" wide but will work.

matt2

Hey shooter1989 that thing is looking great!!!! Richard T. is a lot of help when it comes to the tote goats. He helped me on my no name trail scooter. That red is a great color on that bike. You need to put up a side by side pictures of the original rusty goat and the new and improved tote goat. Keep up the good work. :grind: