Tote Gote

Tote Gote model 680

Yes. That's it! Couple of things I remember well.
1.) Zero to 25 mph, lightning fast. Once you hit 25mph, that's it, no more speed.
2.) The exhaust made passengers bum hot. The carry plate also got dirty with exhaust fume stain.
3.) This bike could climb a tree if you could strap the bike to it.
4.) The bike was rated to climb a 45-degree incline with 180lb rider.
5.) If you ran out of gas, tough luck. Can't push the bike because of the worm gear drive.
6.) If by some reason you crossed water too deep, your "dead in the water." You drowned the variable clutch and had to get off and push the worm gear drive out of the water. (Nasty)
7.) No need for brakes too much. Once you cut the throttle you slow down right now.
8.) Needed to check worm drive lubrication. My downfall was not checking the fluid level.
9.) What a great tow bike. If friends ran out of gas you could tow them through the woods with ease.
10.) For me, I wanted a Honda 90 Trail. I was greatly disappointed to get the Gote. But it worked out ok.

I kept the Gote for 30 years. Finally selling just to let it go.
View attachment 304125

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the red Gote. Top of a hill, in the woods at the end of my dead-end street. I mentioned the problem of not being to push the bike or even coast down the street. Why? I had a cop who lived mid-way down my street. I was 14 and legal driving age was 16. He harassed me to no end. I had to stay put until he was not home so I could get to the woods.

Attachments