transmission rebuild

96-1500

Im looking at getting a 95 k2500 for very cheap. The problem is, is that it slips in 3rd gear. I don't know which trans it has ,but just wondering if it needs a rebuild and what a fare price is?

Neck

Growing up is optional
You probably have a 4l80E the price will very with your location average will be about $1500 to $2000 + installation, GM will sell you one with a three year warranty for around $2500 + installation but if it fails within three years they will fix it or replace it and cover R+R. I wished you lived closer, I'd sell you a 10,000 mile take out I have in my storage locker!

96-1500

No I haven't really. I proboly will, but I could still buy a tranny that could be having problems. Ill keep my eyes open and get the model of transmission on the truck

toomanytoys

We have a truck at my work, its a 1995 k1500. Stupid thing EATS transmissions.

We went through 4 JY/running take out trannys before I got angry and ordered a new Jasper with it. Its been in there now for a year without a single problem. I think The total installed near 3200 bucks, more than our truck was worth..but..it wasn't my money and we weren't going to get another truck.

According to the people at Jasper their transmissions are built to remove the flaws of the OEM ones. Who knows

toomanytoys

Goodness! You take care of your tranny?? Thats to bad!
Its a company truck. No one takes care of it. It seems like if they drive down a dirt road in their own truck at 20, this one they would drive at 60 smacking every hole and ditch they can slam into just because they think its funny. Just trying to say, if you really want to fix it right, I suggest a Jasper, or as Neck said get a new one from Chevy.

Its impossible to keep our trucks running because of this. The only one that stays running is a 1996 4 Door blazer with a 4.3 v6.

That thing is a little tank. Its been rolled on its side twice, the rear end tore out from under it when they tied a pull rope to it trying to drag another truck out of the ditch, its been ran into trees, hit by other trucks, there isn't a body panel on its thats free of a dent. Even the roof is dented up. Yesterday the driver side door fell off because the hinges broke out of the frame, now it has a red door, looks nice.

393,000 miles, original motor and tranny. Honest to god with all the damage and miles it still will drive down the highway 65mph without a shimmy. Its like the energizer bunny. It keeps going and going and going.................and going.

96-1500

Well I think im going to skip this truck and wait for another one. I would rather work on the engine or body for sure!!!