Trash to Treasure progress

Mocked up a great running little 2hp B&S made a throttle plate and spring Mocked up the little seat and I am waiting on a caliper for the rear disc setup
Final fit and clamped the frame section to weld (my buddy is welding it cause it needs to be pretty and while I can weld I dont always do pretty) wont be long now!

Awwwwwwww lol, :lol: those Briggs 2 horse motors are sooo cute..... Like a Real motor only smaller.. They have no power but MAN they get excited when you crank them wide open, until you are bored of it being wide open....They are small but WOW do they ever run good. :smile:.....

Yes you busted me it is a hoseclamp it works good for final fitting it is so close it looks like it was always there, well close enough for government work!

Hey I have it or a B&S 5.5 ohv. ready to go.The minibike is for my son who is helping with the project and learning. He dont weigh much it will carry him till I score a 3.5 or 5hp flat. And we are building an arco EZ rider and plan to use the 5.5 for it with a comet cheap stamped steel jackshaft/converter for low end tourqe. They aint bad for 35+ship I won On ebay just have to get a sprocket, only comes with one. It'll be on here soon!

HAHAHAHAH!!! Thats what I told a guy I would sell him one for on here no Evilbay fees..... I agree all the way... For the price you will never ever find a better motor.... Show me a 2 horse engine that will hang with a port/polished Briggs two horse, and I will show you an engine that requires uranium to run.. :thumsbsup: 1989 on down flathead Briggs engines are the best machine ever built...

Yeah thats always a good bet... I think you will like that big ole tire up front. Makes a HUGE difference in handling. As long as your tread pattern doesn't cause a high speed wobble. Most bike tires are good for at least 40 without problems though. They aren't supposed to go that fast but they tend to work fine.. The Suicycle is like 80 pounds minus rider and it runs close to 60 on 20 inch bike tires. They make heavy duty regular moped tires in a 20 too. That's where my wheels came from was a Tomos Targa.

That is actually a 16" rear wheel gutted and greased, 20 was too big for my taste + the rear wheel has a beefier hub not that it makes it that much stronger but the big hub looks better! I saw an aluminum 16" that was cool with a more street friendly tread pattern. I'm gonna have to find a better rear tire for that Dirtbug rear wheel assy. More like a turf tread or sawtooth! Better actual bearings also the stock ones are bushings more than bearings any advice on those? Thanks Kid!

I had a Lil Indian that had bushings in it.. They were like a carbon type material. They were not too bad when I got it, but 6 months of hard use on and off road 40 miles per hour QUICKLY ate them up.... All I did was drive them out and replace them with bearings. Mine was a standard wheel that would take bearings, but just had those weird bushing things in it's place. They are the same dimensions. Just way cheaper... I guess... not like a bearing is expensive. :doah: So you threaded that wheel your self? :thumbsup: That is quickly becoming a lost art....

Yeah those chinese guys just trying to save a fraction of a penny using inferior crap oh well I can cure that! Sometimes you gotta work with what ya got and on a budget it inspires inginuity!

Thats how all of my creations come to be. And I've built some pretty neat stuff. :thumbsup: You have cheapo Chinese bushings?? They won't come out or are replaceable with something else? Yeah, nothing else bore them out so they ARE big enough to take a bearing.. Or cut the ends down and ad a new piece of tube around the old one for something to work with.. There's nothing in the world you can't do to a mini bike in your garage with a hacksaw and drill.. Maybe a welder.. Doesn't take much to make a mini bike..

Thats how all of my creations come to be. And I've built some pretty neat stuff. :thumbsup: You have cheapo Chinese bushings?? They won't come out or are replaceable with something else? Yeah, nothing else bore them out so they ARE big enough to take a bearing.. Or cut the ends down and ad a new piece of tube around the old one for something to work with.. There's nothing in the world you can't do to a mini bike in your garage with a hacksaw and drill.. Maybe a welder.. Doesn't take much to make a mini bike..
That is a fact!:hack::weld::grind:

yep, i been to the kids,place,some realy neat stuff there,:smile::smile: