tri sport trike

Tufdog

I've always like those Tri Sports
I think you may be talking about a torque converter. If so, it's basically a shiftless transmission that delivers power & speed when needed. The drive hub ( on the engine)
floats in & out changing the size of the pulley, which in turn delivers the required amount of speed or power. There's lots videos on youtube about them.
Hope I'm not on the wrong track here, & it helps you out.

Thanks for the info. I've been searching YouTube for videos. Do you think they sell replacement clutches or tork converters. connector. Or just make it run off a single chain. Centrifugal clutch. Our snow mobile clutch style better. I'm only $75 into this thing. But have good plans for it

Torque converter answer

Hi, You can get whatever you need for your setup. I have 5 Street legal Alsport Tri-Sport RTS SL machines. There are a lot of new parts on ebay for your torque converter setup also known as a CVT system or " continues variable speed transmission". Post pic's of what you have or the area of the machine in question so we understand your needs. 1-st we need to know the model of Alsport you have.

Thank you,
Mark

wjustice

You could run with a clutch and single chain but you will not be as happy with its performance. Many parts and belts are still available depending on which model and convertor you have.