TT500 Trifecta!

Rupp 72

Spent a total of 11 hours this weekend doing a final sanding on the primer and then spraying base and clear coat. The pictures don't do the color justice. Now i have one week to put an entire bike together in time for Windber. Wish me luck!

spent a total of 11 hours this weekend doing a final sanding on the primer and then spraying base and clear coat. The pictures don't do the color justice. Now i have one week to put an entire bike together in time for windber. Wish me luck!

beautiful!!!!!

Rupp 72

It can be done! Previous experience helps too.
Thanks everyone! I'm excited about it.

Good job Nate............Hurry up. lol
I'm trying! I got the points set and the magneto bolted on the engine last night. I tested the new lighting coil and the spark for the first time after freshening up the engine and it is all working good! Hopefully tonight i can finish assembling the engine.

Rupp 72

Thank you everyone! I hadn't had a chance to upload the photos since Windber but i might upload a few more tonight. The bike was finished only hours before loading it in the truck. It was great getting to see everyone this year at Windber! Lot's of nice people out there:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Beautiful restoration! Well deserved award. It's so rewarding to see folks going to this level of detail, especially when they're as talented as you are. :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone! I hadn't had a chance to upload the photos since Windber but i might upload a few more tonight. The bike was finished only hours before loading it in the truck. It was great getting to see everyone this year at Windber! Lot's of nice people out there:thumbsup:

Wow, beautiful work Nate!! Congrats!

Please post more pics!

joel

Rupp 72

Was great to see you also Nate and meet your wonderful girl friend.:thumbsup:
High class work as always Nate! Very impressive☺
Beautiful restoration! Well deserved award. It's so rewarding to see folks going to this level of detail, especially when they're as talented as you are. :thumbsup:
Wow, beautiful work Nate!! Congrats!

Please post more pics!

joel
First off, thank you for all of the kind words everyone!:smile: It really means a lot to me.

Sorry I haven't posted pictures sooner but tonight i had some time to sit down and catch up on a few things so here you go! This bike was completely disassembled and painted only a week and a half before leaving for Windber. It was crazy and honestly pretty stressful putting this bike together in such a short period of time. Additionally, for those who don't know, i am currently working as an intern for Mercury Marine and living in an apartment in Fond Du Lac which is an hour and 15 minutes away from Waunakee where my actual home is. So i was driving back and forth to work an hour and 15 minutes every day for over a week to be able to get this bike done in time. Never the less the bike did get OFFICIALLY done at 11:30PM Tuesday before leaving for Windber on Wednesday after work!:scooter:

Anyway, lets talk about the actual bike! This is by far the best work i have done yet. 100% of the bike was completely stripped by bead-blasting. I primed and sanded down the entire frame four times, a few more times in some spots, until I was satisfied that there were absolutely no pits anywhere. Additionally I spent a lot of time with a body hammer straightening all of the shroud components and then puttying and sanding. A lot of the spots I fixed were places no one would ever notice but I would know the truth so I had to go the extra mile with everything. All of the chrome was re-plated buy a new shop for this bike, they do a phenomenal job.:drool::cool2: The engine is the original to the bike Rupp 5 horse that was i refreshed. The clutch components are all original, no aftermarket parts. I really to the most care and paid very high attention to detail when assembling this bike. All of the hardware is correct (besides being chrome not CAD plated) and fastened in the correct orientation according to the parts list. This bike also has the Dellorto MB22A high performance carb and I tell you it is amazing how well it works. Starts first or second pull and has a perfect low idle that will not sputter out, i could let it sit and idle all day and it wouldn't very in RPM at all. This bike really came together well and i am very happy with the outcome. -Nate

These photos when converted lost some of the color, the color is brighter in real life and really pops!