Tule Trooper Belt loose

I am out of ideas on how to keep the belt tight. I have two sizes of belts Comet 203587A and 203588A. The belt in the picture is 88A. The other belt is too small and the clutch doesn't work properly. Do you guys have any ideas for a belt tighener thing?

The belt will stay on if I go straight but as soon as I turn it comes off. I can't really move the motor anymore. I have already had clearance issues with the gear box. If I go much further out I have no room for feet. I don't know if you have rode one before but there is not much room anyway.

You could try making a couple of the little wire keepers that hit the back of the belt to keep it from coming out too far like riding mowers and stuff use.. :shrug:

Well what you have is a mixed marriage of parts the task it to get them all to speak the same language LOL The driver that you have is a Comet 40 series that is to use a 7/8 inch wide belt and your driven half is a DEEPCO original to the Trooper. I would probably use a 5/8 inch wide belt. The Comet belts you listed are 20 series belts and are 3/4 inch wide. The two belts you have chosen are made for different center to center distances of 1 5/16 inch.
My suggestion is to find a belt from say Gates or Dayco that might be closer to what you need.
What is your center to center distance when you engine is in the middle of the adjustment slots ? I have had to do this on a tote gote I had.
Steve :scooter:

The engine actually is mount about a inch past the raised engine platform. I had to for clearance reasons. The center to center distance is about 10.5 inches. I went with the comet 20 belts because I thought the orginal for the DeepCo belt was about 3/4in. Where can I find the Gates or Dayco belts?

If I can't find a new belt Restore's idea may have to work.

I would go to a good bearing house they sell to the industrial market and should carry a couple of brands. The parts list for the Trooper does not give a belt width.

I would go to a good bearing house they sell to the industrial market and should carry a couple of brands. The parts list for the Trooper does not give a belt width.
These guys have a store in Boise. I've bought lots of items from their Portland store over the years. They might have just what you need. They're usually happy to open a big box just to sell one piece.

McGuire Bearing Company Contact Us Branches Boise, ID - Bearings and Power Transmission Products

Yes Tom : The best bearing house in Portland, Oregon Always helpful and have some good machinist to do on the spot alterations to things like putting a bearing into a sprocket for a chain idler. Gary McGuire lives a block away from me.