turbos

how hard is it to turbo a gx200 and bout how much? I found a efi kit but it'll cost bout $800. Anybody know of a cheaper way with a carb?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Save your money and just modify it.
If your complaining about that $800 fee, that's only the beginning. You will need to upgrade the whole motor if that kit works. That's about a added $500+.

Most people with a stock motor are really happy with 12-15hp. And that's a lot cheaper than a turbo kit that may? or may not? work.

Save your money and just modify it.
If your complaining about that $800 fee, that's only the beginning. You will need to upgrade the whole motor if that kit works. That's about a added $500+.

Most people with a stock motor are really happy with 12-15hp. And that's a lot cheaper than a turbo kit that may? or may not? work.
People should realy read over this particular post you can build a lot of engine for that money and Charles knows his stuff.
12 to 15 hp with a reliable build, and thats still probably more power than needed for most.
Its not power alone that wins races. Its the proper aplication of traction and torque. I'd rather add more of the torque than power in many cases

And I don't race......

I'm the old guy with the bugs in his teeth and joint pain from leaping from dunes to ditches lol. More power will just result in more pain in my case lol