Turf Saver tires

Can someone please post a few pics of a bike with Turf Saver tires? I like the tread pattern, but want to see how they look actually mounted on a wheel.

I ride about 90% street, so aren't these a better option over studded tires?

The tread looks like a good compromise between a full slick and a off road tire. I wonder about the shape though and if it is good to use a square tire on a bike.

Turf savers no matter what type of tread they have will not give a good ride on a mini bike you could go with the saw tooth design But If your impressed with the width of the tire then you will sacrifice the ride.
Also good breaking is dependant upon a flexible foot print for the best contact patch and I don't think a turf saver will provide that.
Steve :scooter:

These Truf Savers were bought at a Kart shop, and ride & handle great. About $30 each though.

Walmart has Turf savers that are similar, but the tread is more of an outline of this tread instaed of solid blocks. Probably would wear faster but cheaper at about $13 - &18 depending on size.

I have a lot of bikes with stud tires and they handle great on the street. I drag parts of the bikes in the turns if that tells you anything.

Go cart galaxy has both types of turf tires for $39 as a set with tubes. I have some turf tires but haven't tried them yet but I doubt they are any better than studs for street and dirt.

Last edited:

delray

gear jammer,i have a pair of turf savers on my project build and test drove the bike before disasemble it for painting. bike handle great in the grass,pavement and gravel. turf tires i have look like this(picture posted)different then some others tires posted. what i like about them is the wide tread pattern that contact the ground. making it handle real good. with narrow tread patterns and saw tooth and slick tires on a minibike sometimes the bike like to kick out easyer when turning in wet grass or loose surface............not good:doah: