Twin Taco 100s

I finally finished restoring my pair of Taco 100s! I restored one of them for a guy who received one for Christmas in 1970. He provided me with photos of it under his tree, as well as a couple "action shots" of him riding it. (It's the one without a 5HP sticker on the engine and the clutch cover mounted level).

It was a lot of fun bringing them back to life...

Twin Taco 100s pictures by Karterman - Photobucket

Hounddog

Twin Taco 100's

Wow Karterman, Those bikes came out great! Your attention to detail is very good. I noticed everything appears perfect done to even the smallest detail. I see you even have correct rear axle chain adjusters etc....! Thanks for sharing these and keep up the good work!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Now get back to work on my engines.:laugh::laugh:

We hope to see you next week here at Funday #2? Bring your Taco to share!

HD

Very nice! You do great work, sometimes in stereo!

I have a question about the clutch covers, Why are some mounted level and others inline with the chain running to the jackshaft? I've seen them both ways.

Thanks! I mounted the one clutch cover level on the one I restored for a guy because the one he received for Christmas in 1970 had it mounted that way. I mounted the other one at an angle like the Steen's advertisement posted on STEEN'S TACO Mini Bikes. From what I can tell Steen's mounted them both ways, possibly depending on the mounts they had in stock....