Two finds yesterday

Found these two old minibike engines. Black is a '72 the white is a '76. The white one is interesting. While doing general cleanup I started to notice just how clean this thing was inside. Like NOS clean. I dont think this thing was ever used.

Anyone know what '76 bike used those clutch guard brackets? I guess they are pretty generic.

Tank looks like its never seen gas.

There was no oil in it and in fact looks as if it never had oil.

Intake and exhaust valves are super clean

When I popped the head off i was greated by this sparkly sight.

Cross hatch action is still strong within you my son. Damn thats nice. I only had to wipe down some of the cleaner that got inside from the spark plug hole. Gonna see what the points n such like like next.

markus

Sweet! Arco used a pretty simple setup like that, they were also one of the few remaining companies still around in the mid 1970's Selling both independant and through a few vendors as well like montgomery ward, western auto, etc..

This is from a 1985 catalog with their products in it looks to be pretty simple L brackets for the guard.

I would urge you to pop that sidecover off and inspect the bottom end for moisture, and corrsosion. I scored an NOS HS40 last month, Its savable but there is corrosion and moisture internally due to improper storage. If I had just thrown some oil in it I would bet It would have ate some stuff up fast!!!

Nice finds :thumbsup:

Hmm well thats not so NOS of you, lil Tecumseh.

Looks like this end got some moister in it. But that felt thingy is fresh as a prince from Bellaire. So im sticking with the theory. I shall clean and attempt spark with original equipment. I'm going in.

Sweet! Arco used a pretty simple setup like that, they were also one of the few remaining companies still around in the mid 1970's Selling both independant and through a few vendors as well like montgomery ward, western auto, etc..

This is from a 1985 catalog with their products in it looks to be pretty simple L brackets for the guard.

I would urge you to pop that sidecover off and inspect the bottom end for moisture, and corrsosion. I scored an NOS HS40 last month, Its savable but there is corrosion and moisture internally due to improper storage. If I had just thrown some oil in it I would bet It would have ate some stuff up fast!!!

Nice finds :thumbsup:
Yeah good point, Sensei! I dont like the idea of this thing sitting potentially for 40 years with no oil in it. Its obvious its got some moister in the flywheel side and i did find it with no spark plug. Ay carumba!