Two Questions

I'm new here boys so take it easy on me. I apologize if this has been covered a thousand times, but in my searching I didn't find exactly what I was looking for. My DB Blitz is only about two weeks old and my kids and I are having a blast on it. However, my rear tire is wearing really fast. I only have the 2.8 motor and the orgional tires on it at this point. Manual says 10psi +/-2 and a maximum rider weight of 150lbs. I have the pressure at 12psi and I weight 200lbs.

1) Tire pressure: I get the feeling some on this board are running more pressure than is recommended. Is that true? If so, what are you running in the tires and how is it affecting the wear?

2) Maximum Rider Weight: Manual and Warning stickers say 150lbs, but it is obvious that most adults who are riding these "Bad Boys" weight more than this. Some even well over 200lbs. Will the weight damage the frame or engine or am I just fine to continue scooting around the neighborhood without worry?

Thanks for any responses! :thumbsup:

i'm 270lbs and run about 30psi in the tires on mine (it's also doing 40+ when i have the 5.5 clone in it). the stock tires wear pretty quick on them.

as for your weight, don't even worry about it. one member is 350+ and hasn't had problems with his DB.

To MXMAtt,
Strigoi is right...The stock tires are crap.
I have 3 DBs and all the tires wore quickly and unevenly.
On two of my project bike upgrades, I run Kenda Super Turfs that I got from Jedstire.com
They seem to be holding up well.
You can check out what they look like if you visit my photos (The black one has the best shot)

As for the weight...I too am pushing 250 and have no issues bombing around the neighborhood at high speeds. The frames are sturdy.

To Strigoi...Your avitar scares my...it visits me in my sleep...make it stop!:scared:

Remember all...Keep your knees in the breeze and the rubber side down!
Later,
Seeker

Last edited:
Strigoi, Seeker and Jerry Max thanks for the responses. Glad to hear I'm not gonna find myself "augering in" with a goose neck snap at 20 MPH. I'm surprised at how much weight the bikes can handle.

Seeker, I'm already planning on getting the Kenda's when the OEM's turn to peelers. Looks like a good tire that should wear well and long.

Jerrymax, My OEM's say 5psi at 165lbs Cold Tire Pressure. I already had them at 12 psi and was worried I may blow them if I fill them more. I put 20psi in each this AM and they seem to be doing good so far. Anyone have a blowout with OEM tires at more than 20 psi?

My brother and I are both above 300 and so far, we're still running the stock tires. Then again, we have not ridden them in a few months either. IIRC we're running the tires at ~40psi.

Third Question

Third Question: Is the thottle adjusting screw (the one below the carburator on the 2.8hp) considered the govener on that engine? I saw a video on YouTube of a HF 6.5hp where the govener was inside the case. Is the 2.8hp govener designed the same way or is it just that screw? Sorry so clueless.

I have one extra DB tire. I can be had for a song. I don't wear them out very fast as I just blast around for shot spurts. If you tire is wearing, that GOOD it means your having FUN!

Welcome to OldMiniBikes Forum. Your questions are a keypad away!

Stiogi, put the banging bloody avatar back online. And make one for me dialing dumb investor's who throw good money away chasing rainbow's on convicted felons who get California Dept. of Corporations Cease and Desist letter's on April 1, 2009 and then the Investor's call me, to figure out where their $25K went?

I will pay for the "Telemarketer Avatar" with the phone cord wrapped aroung my neck convincing Investor's to send me the money instead....

TT :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the answers. I am going to assume that backing that throttle adjustment screw all the way out will not be harmful to the motor then. Right? I'm not going to remove the govener at this point. I'll just wait till I wear the motor out and then upgrade to the 6.5hp conversion. Believe me "we" are having fun. My bike gets ridden daily and for probably 4-5 miles at a minimum. I'm sure it will slow down in time, but at this point we are considering second bike to double the fun. :scooter::scooter:

One more question. Has anyone used a Carlyle-sp 15x6x6 Turf---- tire from Walmart on their DB30? I saw one for $20 today and almost picked it up but wanted to check here first. Sorry if this is annoying to some of you verterans.
:doah:

I love it. Ill get started right now. Before GTO gets one up. HAHA J/K
You cant hang with the master. :thefinger:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I lost a good job in the city
Working China man beats me night and day
And I never lost one minute of sleeping
Worrying bout the way things might have been

Big wheel keep on turning
Cheap tires keep on burning
And were rolling, rolling
Rolling in the river

Cleaned a lot of plates in memphis
Pumped a lot of tire down in new orleans
But I never saw the good side of the city
Till I hitched a ride on a Doodle bug queen

Big wheel keep on turning
Cheap tire keep on burning
And were rolling, rolling
Rolling in the river

If you come down to the river
I bet you gonna find some people who live
You don't have to worry if you got no money
People with real mini's are happy to give.