Uship

I live in MA and had a El Burro shipped to MI. Trucker was out of NH picked up the bike at my house and delivered it 3 days later for $225. Buyer made all arrangements. Guy had a 12' box truck and he strapped the bike down and covered it with a nice thick blanket. It was a restored bike.

capguncowboy

I am trying to get a quote on a bike but both the seller and I live in rural areas. So far I haven't heard back from any shipping companies.

I called and got quotes earlier today. The local freight company wanted $750... That's just too much

I used haulbikes.com to ship a motorcycle from Ohio, where I bought it, to Oregon, where I live. Here's a link to their site. They were the shipper recommended by ebay. The seller also said he'd used them before and thought they were fine.

Motorcycle Shipping | Motorcycle Transport | Motorcycle Shipping Company

The service was great and the price was competitive at $582.00. No crating or special prep needed. They just tie it down in the specially-equipped trailer and go. It did take several weeks to arrive, but they were clear about that up front. They won't start a cross-continent trip until the trailer is full. Some shippers will just stuff your bike in with a load of melons, but not these guys. The driver was also a motorcyclist and had an appreciation for his cargo. There wasn't a scratch on my bike when it arrived. It was also pretty cool having this giant semi pull up on my little suburban street.

capguncowboy

I used haulbikes.com to ship a motorcycle from Ohio, where I bought it, to Oregon, where I live. Here's a link to their site. They were the shipper recommended by ebay. The seller also said he'd used them before and thought they were fine.

Motorcycle Shipping | Motorcycle Transport | Motorcycle Shipping Company

The service was great and the price was competitive at $582.00. No crating or special prep needed. They just tie it down in the specially-equipped trailer and go. It did take several weeks to arrive, but they were clear about that up front. They won't start a cross-continent trip until the trailer is full. Some shippers will just stuff your bike in with a load of melons, but not these guys. The driver was also a motorcyclist and had an appreciation for his cargo. There wasn't a scratch on my bike when it arrived. It was also pretty cool having this giant semi pull up on my little suburban street.
Thanks! I'll check them out

U ship helped me get my '64 GTO hood from Florida and my '67 Firebird rearend from somewhere by MO.

Both times the part was a smoking deal, but the shipping quotes I was getting first was making it a "no go", so I tried that and it worked out.