Using a rock tumbler

Alright, so someone on here not long ago made mention of using a rock tumbler for cleaning up small parts, nuts, bolts, etc. So I thought, sounds like a pretty labor free way of saving old hardware. However, what I would like to know is, what do I tumble them in? Do I get some clean sand to throw in there for some polishing too? At the moment I am thinking evaporust (or maybe vinegar, way cheaper) and sand, but I was hoping someone could offer some advice on this practice.

Take a look at the Eastwood website for some ideas as to the type of medias that can be used in the tumblers. With the right media and time, the results can be astounding. Here are some pics of the original wheel hardware, from my CAT Slingshot after spending approx 2 days in the green media and around a week in the polishing media. Look pretty good for being 40yrs old.

delray

yes jeff, just drop off the brake at my work and bring your aluminum rims? or small parts too and i can glass bead them for you free. but you will still have to come back and pick them up.:laugh::thumbsup: pm you on the brake in coupe days for the bolt pattern(make sure it's the same)ok:thumbsup: