USPS strikes again

They wonder why they are slowly going under.

Date & Time Status Location
March 17, 2017
6:46 pm Departed USPS Facility KEARNY, NJ 07032
March 17, 2017
11:01 am Arrived at USPS Facility KEARNY, NJ 07032
March 14, 2017
2:18 pm Arrived at USPS Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72206
March 14, 2017
1:44 pm Departed USPS Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231
March 14, 2017
12:15 pm Arrived at USPS Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231
March 14, 2017
9:13 am Departed USPS Facility MEMPHIS, TN 38118
March 14, 2017
7:12 am Arrived at USPS Facility MEMPHIS, TN 38118
March 14, 2017
1:29 am Departed USPS Facility CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421
March 13, 2017
5:53 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility CHATTANOOGA, TN 37421
March 13, 2017
4:38 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility CHATTANOOGA, TN 37416
March 13, 2017
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
Ordered item on the 13th with an ETA of march 16th so I could have it on the 20th. Little Rock is 1 hour away from me, New Jersey is not. Out of the last 4 amazon orders I've had this has happened with 3 of them. The other 2 only went over me to a neighboring state before returning, This one is ridiculous. Somebody is gonna refund me my shipping costs for this mess.

A lot of frequent flyer miles on that order.:laugh: It did probably happen because of the bad weather. I'm not making excuses for them because they did wreck one of my seats today. I double box all the seats and there was a giant hole in the box right through the seat.:censure::cursing:

I don't know about what to blame it on. It sit here 1 hour away from me for 3 days before they decided to ship it 1100 miles north of me. Normally I wouldn't had cared but I paid extra for delivery.

The amazon rep seems to agree with me as they refunded me the shipping costs as I politely asked for. I wasn't even expecting a reply from them till monday but they were right on top of it.

Their tracking leaves a bit to be desired. I normally have the part in hand, and most times installed before I receive notice it has arrived for pickup.

I recently had a pkg sitting an hour and a half from me. Their tracking showed it on it's way to final destination. It still is.
Here's a snap from today.

Attachments

Yeah I've noticed in the past items have departed a location hours before it arrived at the place:eek:ut:

Not sure if they are still doing it but in the past I've had more than one postal employee tell me their tracking system is not a tracking system but a delivery confirmation system. Was never set up or intended to track anything but only make sure it gets to the final spot. They don't care where it or how long it goes between A and B.

Guess you live in fly over country :rolleyes: i use to go to Amazon years ago.i didn't like push to prime....i like eBay better (a little) overall,just an account and you get support.they have been good followup and spanked sellers when not timely...not that it has anything to do with shipping

Ebay is great if you are a buyer because they will side with the buyer 99% of the time. If you are a seller expect to loose every time.

I was big on ebay years ago and still use them from time to time when they have what I want cheaper. Wasn't ever really a big amazon fan and their raising prime costs and pushing it on you sure didn't help.

The only reason I went with them is the item was one state away and was told I could have it when I wanted. Truthfully I could have got it much cheaper on amazon and ebay (with free shipping) if I wanted to wait on a china slow boat. If I would have had the option on using a different shipper for a few dollars more I would have picked that in a heartbeat. USPS has dropped the ball with me so much this year alone I'm fed up with them.

Oh that's nothing. A while back I had/have a friend in the UK, Ray, who makes r/c airplane kits. He sent me one, Registered Airmail. And I waited, and waited, and waited.

After a month had gone by I started checking. Said package had crossed the big pond to New York, then was shipped back across the big pond to the UK, right back to my friends post office. Postmaster there couldn't explain it so he shipped it out again. Back across the big pond and again back across the big pond back to the UK. Before making the second trip back to the UK it went from New York, to New Jersey, to Charlotte North Carolina.

I called the Post Office here, and was told to contact the Postal Inspectors in New York, who had me contact US Customs in Jersey. They in turn had me call the Secret Service in Washington D.C, who had me call the FBI in Charlotte.

Agent there seemed like I was wasting his time with the call, that is until I mentioned all the folks who were pointing their fingers at the FBI, who was supposed to inspect a "suspicious package". One that had now made 4 trips across the big pond in a commercial aircraft, and that I had photos of the package still unopened after it's 4th trip. Oh, and that I'm pretty sure the local news station would love to hear about it too.

At that point I was told they would call me back.

My friend Ray calls me later to say he had just got off the phone with the Post Office. The Postmaster there had called to say he had been ordered to come pick up the package from him, and hand deliver it to the airport.

Hang up with him and the phone rings. It's the FBI. Now speaking to Special Agent in Charge. He tells me package is on it's way, will be met in New York by a pair of Agents, who will personally handle it getting to me, if that is acceptable.

I tell him that's fine, I just want my package.

2 days later the doorbell rings, package is sitting on my front porch. Still unopened and not signed for, and I see a black Chevy Suburban is pulling out of my driveway.

And to add one last bit, this was the same weekend Vice President Dick Cheney was in town. Hmm...

I'll beat that price by half on cow manure and even add horse, pig, and chicken poop to the list. We aint got any elephants or gorillas on the farm.

My stuff showed up today and the contents were fine but I figured out why they shipped it to NJ. Apparently they needed something to drag behind the truck up there and back.
:laugh: Probably in the same place that my poor seat was at.

More great quality shipping of items via USPS.

reminder I live in arkansas a hour south drive of little rock.

Date & Time Status Location
March 26, 2017
12:08 am Departed USPS Facility HARRISBURG, PA 17107
March 25, 2017
11:17 pm Arrived at USPS Facility HARRISBURG, PA 17107
March 25, 2017
9:32 pm Arrived at USPS Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231
March 25, 2017
6:38 pm Departed USPS Facility MEMPHIS, TN 38118
March 25, 2017
4:35 pm Arrived at USPS Facility MEMPHIS, TN 38118
March 25, 2017
4:28 am Departed USPS Facility AKRON, OH 44309
March 24, 2017
10:44 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility AKRON, OH 44309
March 24, 2017
9:29 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility NORTH CANTON, OH 44720
March 24, 2017
11:48 am Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item NORTH CANTON, OH 44720

Someone at the postal dept hates you!:wink:
We'll find out, that one is supposed to be here tomorrow. Had high hopes when it arrived in little rock on the 25th. At least this time it isn't anything I needed, wanted, or paid extra shipping to have by a certain date.