valve cover pulse fitting place?

need to drill hole for the brass pulse nipple,on the 5 hole clone valve cover..

it looks like the best spot is right in the middle of the "o" in the lettering,(there is nothing behind that area to interfear...

anyone agree?disagree?

do it at the top facing straight up, less chance for as much oil, i solder the fittings into the valve covers. works great. Best place to pulse is off the intake so you dont get any oil at all......imo

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you need to put the pulse fitting as close to the seal as you can? in other words, it needs to be in the blank space between the gasket and the reed valve, or whatever that's called. :confused::shrug:

i don't want to sound like an idiot,(maybe to late) but what is the function of the pulse fiting and were do you connect the other end to? pics?

just checked out his pics and vids, i think i need to get ahold of him sooner than i thought. he pm'd me his number awhile back, i think i need to use it soon!!

do it at the top facing straight up, less chance for as much oil, i solder the fittings into the valve covers. works great. Best place to pulse is off the intake so you dont get any oil at all......imo
thanx nova,that spot did it...gets tricky I had to remove the sub plate on the cover,and grind inside a bit so to clear the brass nipple..works awesome,running to rich!!gotta.check valves ?maybe use a guage this time!!

thanx!! to all

thanx nova,that spot did it...gets tricky I had to remove the sub plate on the cover,and grind inside a bit so to clear the brass nipple..works awesome,running to rich!!gotta.check valves ?maybe use a guage this time!!

thanx!! to all
If its running rich then the carby needs adjusting:thumbsup:

got it fired up,fuel pump needed tcl,little tweakin and it sounds killer..got change some jets to 2 play with 115 & 125 mains and a 17.5 pilot jet,and a shcem of the power curv...and some luck...

just got it ready,for a first test run in 2000 jag.cart.. bt im not gonna the motor is scary..
and I have not swapped out rod,flyw.springs ect,,was just gona go real real real easy just to see my labor pay off...but read to much on this site about what happens..next..

Last edited: