Vance & Hines inspired X-mas Bike

My best bud Ron (Ruger the dog) wanted a bike for his Wife for Christmas , so I was persuaded to part with a spare DMP trailchamp frame

As the bike is supposed to be for his wife a nice pink color was suggested , Ron said the only pink bike he would ever own was the Vance and Hines race bikes lol

The frame required a bit of modification , to run with a new 6.5 clone and torque converter , and the swing arm had to be made wider to fit the 8 " wheel that was picked up in Windber from Gumpit

We have been working on it for the past two weekends and painted it today

Now for some pictures lol

The ugly frame with over size dirtbike wheels

My restored DMP trailchamp

Vance & Hines race bike

Mods to frame and swingarm ,

new foot brake and footpeg mounts

Lots of fresh pink and yellow paint

Placed a big order from OldMiniBikes warehouse , now waitng on parts and paint to dry

Thanks guys , not really my favorite colors but it will look sharp

It should be a great rider , full suspension , 8 " wheels with snow hog tires and 60 t sprocket

Mine with the worn out 4hp tech and converter works great so the upgrade to the 6.5 clone will make it a fast little bike

Left the heat on overnight in the shop and the paint dryed nicely

May be able to start putting it back together enough to measure for wheel spacers ,chain and such

I will have to fab up a custom exhaust header to fit a pit bike slip on muffler

Looks Great Rob :thumbsup: Why did you mod the motor mount? Is Ron's wife coming to Windber?
Thanks Randy and Karen

The original engine mount was slanted with built in jack shaft and in rough shape
We wanted to eliminate the jack shaft and run from the torque converter direct to the rear wheel , so to get the proper geometry ( axle , swing arm pivot and out put sprocket ) the engine had to be as low as possible in the frame

Ron's wife rides a doodle bug with a clone and Torque converter on it , but is fairly tall so needed a bigger framed bike
As for Windber , its hard to say but I am sure Ron will ride it like he stole it lol