venting the block

ive searched on here for some info on when you need to vent the block,ive found a few treads but they don't say when you should do it,i have a honda gx200 with the following done. billet rod,.010,flywheel,276cam,14cc head cut.065,ss valves,26lb springs,8deg timing adv.flattop piston,22mm mikuni,1.2 rockers,cm pushrods,:shrug:

ive searched on here for some info on when you need to vent the block,ive found a few treads but they don't say when you should do it,i have a honda gx200 with the following done. billet rod,.010,flywheel,276cam,14cc head cut.065,ss valves,26lb springs,8deg timing adv.flattop piston,22mm mikuni,1.2 rockers,cm pushrods,:shrug:
If your referring to small holes that are drilled and tapped onto the crankcase cover with a small breather attached, it's usually done on modifies like blockzilla's or highly modded raptor's, specifically for pressure purposes and or cooling.All they really do is leak..Check out some jr. dragster parts suppliers for more info.

well i would think that with the head work there is some compression,its turning 8200rpm,would it hurt to have it anyways?
They look cool, you usually see them on jr. dragsters that are being pounded down the track multiple times. Really depends on if you want to put additional holes in your expensive block. I would think at 8000+ you might ventilate your block in different way.

could you be more specific on that,this motor is in a mini snowmobile,and its only used for drag racing and i have been running 110 octain in it if that helps any?

I don't want to go beyond my own knowledge on this subject and tell you to drill holes in your block.It doesn't sound like you really need it. I'm sure There's quite a few member's here that will chime in.:thumbsup:

well its already drilled,but i used a small 1/8 hole with a brass fitting thats at a 90deg angle,im just wondering what if any advantages will it do,i dont want to lose any performance,so i could plug it if need be,i know i will use the high octane fuel cuz ive got lots of it seeing were racing our big sleds and its not an issue,i know there is more mods to come but i just don't want to go backwards,any ideas on what my compression might be?:shrug: